- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Candidates must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree from the countries noted above.
- At Least 2 years of teaching at an international or public school (if no teaching certificate or education degree)
- Candidates with a teaching license are preferred
- Candidates with at least 2 years of teaching experience are highly preferred
- Salary: Negotiable Upon Experience and Certificates
- Insurance, Pension, Severance: Four kinds of Insurance provided and pension matched by the employer. Severance pay provided.
- Contract Bonus: Provided upon re-signing of contract
- Vacation: Seventeen (17) days (Spring and Winter vacation) plus all Korean National Holidays
- Sick Days: 3 days of paid sick leave available
- Housing: Studio housing or 500,000 KRW housing allowance provided
Roles and Responsibilities
Saint Paul American Scholars (SPAS) is seeking a dedicated candidate to serve as a Science Teacher.
- Follow the curriculum provided by SPAS to create lesson plans for students.
- Ensure that students meet all learning standards as set out in the U.S.- CCSS (ELA and Math), NGSS (Science), California State Board of Education (Social Studies).
- Supplement learning by using various activities and visual aids in lessons.
- Create tests and projects to measure and ensure student learning.
- Give students constructive feedback on areas that need improvement.
- Grade assignments and prepare student progress reports.
- Attend and participate in faculty and staff meetings.
- Take part in PTCs (Parent-Teacher Conferences) and speak/discuss with parents regarding their children.
- Attend official SPAS functions
- Starting Date: August 22, 2022 (First day of Teacher Orientation)
- First Day of School: August 31, 2022
- Working Hours: M-F: 7:40 AM-4:40 PM
- Teaching Hours: Five 45-minute classes per day
- Extracurricular Class: 2-3 days per week
- Students per Class: 15 students max
SPAS began in the summer of 2015 as a small English immersion school offering an American-style education. Over the past few years, we have continued to grow, but our commitment to offering an exceptional education that strives for global mindedness, critical thinking, and mutual responsibility remains steadfast.
We currently have 12 full and part-time qualified and dedicated educators. They teach grades 1 to 9 and are the backbone of our school.
To help meet our goal of global-mindedness, SPAS also offers Chinese classes. Both of our Chinese teachers are native-speaking, highly qualified teachers from China.
In addition to our exceptional educators, we have a wonderful Parent-Teacher Organization that meets regularly to address the needs of both the parents and the school.
At SPAS we recognize that education is a three-legged stool; the teachers, the parents, and the students. The key to our growth and success is the strong level of parental support we receive.
SPAS inspires our students to possess global mindedness, be critical thinkers, and mutually respect others.
To keep up in the ever-increasingly interconnected and competitive global environment, SPAS strives to nurture global leaders. In addition, we strive to cultivate a generation of creative, independent thinkers who will become future leaders in the 21st century.