Secondary Program Coordinator - STEM Subjects
- Middle School, High School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- High sense of responsibility
- Result-oriented individual
- Willingness to contribute to the school goals
- Visa and work permit reimbursed at the completion of each year of service
- Housing allowance included in the monthly salary
- Round Trip airfare reimbursed at the completion of the contract
- Generous paid holiday during the year (22 days of public holiday + 18 days of personal leave + 6 days of sick leave + 2 weeks school breaks)
- Lunch provided at the school canteen
- Medical allowance of up to 1000 USD per year
- Assistance in finding accommodation and airport pick up provided
Westview Cambodian International School is the extension to secondary education from grades 7 to 12 from Learning Jungle International School in Cambodia which is a Canadian franchise school providing educational services from preschool to elementary programs.
What sets Westview Cambodian International School apart from other schools is our dedication to delivering the international standards of education to the Youth of the Kingdom of Cambodia. We are set to preparing our students to be socially committed leaders and responsible citizens who are successful in a local and global environment. We focus not only on academic excellence but on the essential elements necessary to succeed, including resilience, developing a growth mindset, collaboration, respect and maintaining an open mind. Core classes are taught in English and are aligned with the American Common Core Standards. The remainder of the day is reserved for Khmer language, culture, history, geography, and civics classes taught in Khmer, to ensure that students are well-versed in their heritage language and culture.
- Represent the school in the media and in various school promotional and community events, roadshow, class/academic projects demo per school request
- Be empathetic and flexible to the cultural needs, and to the needs of a new set up school, and work with school management to achieve school goals
- Ensure that the teaching quality of the teachers under responsibility comply with the school curriculum and requirements
- Setup, review and improve evaluation system to be used to evaluate the student learning in each grade level to make sure that the student learning is up to the school curriculum expectations
- Be a leader/mentor for international teachers and assist them in the development of lesson plans, learning activities and projects to achieve the school curriculum
- Source qualified candidates and recruit qualified secondary teachers
- Assist international teachers through challenging and difficult situations to achieve their best and school goals
- Promote the school core values including resilience, growth mindset, collaboration, respect and positive behavior among students, teachers, and school community
- Lead students in various academic projects and to win local and regional competitions
- Meet/communicate with parents per school/parent request and ensuring concerns about their child’s needs are addressed to the satisfaction of the parents in a timely manner
- Be able to maintain a good and trustworthy relationship with parents, students, and school community
- Review the teacher lesson plans, report cards and other assessment records per school requirements
- Comply with the record-keeping procedure required by the school
- Constantly seeking for improvement of the school program, curriculum, and student learning
- Conduct teaching staff training and professional development
- Evaluate teachers as required by the evaluation procedure
- Plan and conduct regular teacher meetings
- Serve as a secondary teacher when supervising less than 5 secondary classes
- Serve as a fill-in teacher when there is an emergency leave of any secondary teacher
- Perform other related managerial tasks as requested by the school leadership team
Westview Cambodian International School is the great extension to secondary education by the passionate leadership team of Learning Jungle International School Cambodia (LJIS) offering educational services only from preschool to elementary programs. With the strong support from parents, students, staff and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Westview Cambodian International School is created to offer the International Secondary program built from the world-renowned standards of education, American Common Core Standards (ACCS) and the Khmer language, history and culture into one unique curriculum from grades 7 to 12. Our mission is to educate Cambodian youth to become confident, equipped with global competencies while embracing their Cambodian identity, culture and values.
Westview students will be well-informed individuals who have the intellectual, creative, technological and organizational skills and resilience necessary to succeed in the academic environment and in the post-graduate world.
Westview students will be effective communicators who have the skills necessary to interact in their local community and global society.
Westview students will be critical thinkers who are able to examine a situation and respond appropriately, using the growth mindset and perseverance to solve problems.
Westview students will be active, open-minded collaborators who employ appropriate communicative and leadership skills to be productive contributors in a variety of settings.
Westview students will be responsible and caring family members, friends and citizens who will positively contribute to back to their family, country and the world.