Social and Emotional Learning Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor's Degree in sociology or psychology related field (essential)
- Master's Degree preferred
- Qualified Teacher Status or other recognized Teaching Credentials
- Three years job related experience
- Bilingual language ability in Chinese and English
- Relocation/Local Moving/House set-up Allowances (3000 RMB once)
- Housing Allowance (10,000RMB/month)
- Home Leave Air Transportation Allowance (10,000RMB annually)
- Advanced health insurance medical: for foreign teachers and their eligible dependents. (International coverage, MSH)
- Start Contract Mobilization: Actual Air fare Reimbursement or foreign teachers and their eligible dependents. (RMB5,000)
- Visa/Work Permit Expenses Reimbursement: for foreign teachers and their eligible dependents. (Up to 3,000RMB for first entry only)
- Professional Development Allowance (IB)
- Tuition Fee: The School shall waive tuition fees at the School for the teacher’s eligible dependent children.
- Physical Examination
Beijing Enlighten School (BES) is a bilingual international learning context located in the central district of Chaoyang, Beijing. The school is close to the Red Brick Museum, No.1 Art District, Wangjing, and Whole Wetland Park, with easy access by metro.
BES strongly believes in allowing learners to develop their full potential to create a better world by acting on today's experiences. Based on the implementation of the PYP, MYP, and CNC integrated curriculum, BES is committed to cultivating and educating future designers, change-makers, and innovators grounded on identity.
Here at BES, we believe that students' interests and passions are essential to engage with the learning opportunities provided at school. With this in mind, not only we expect students to achieve academic excellence and a global mindset, but also to learn to care for and to love one another. We guide our students to be entrepreneurs, visionaries and futurists with the practical skills to shape the contexts surrounding them.
In doing so, we support students, teachers and families in becoming humanists and individuals who feel that there is always scope for learning and improving oneself and others.
This innovative and adaptive teaching role plans for and implements a social-emotional curriculum for all students across K-9 at school. Must be passionate about the intersection of social/behavioral wellbeing and academic learning for the overall success of students by collaboration with the SEN coordinator at Student Development Center (SDC).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual must be able to perform their duties in a positive work mode and serve as a positive role model and influence for youth and peers. BES teachers consider themselves learning designers so that students are at the center of a learning journey. A life-long learning approach to living and educating is essential in being part of our school context.
- This role will lead and steward a new "special area" class focused on the social and emotional health of all students
- Plan for and implement assigned social-emotional curriculum per to school’s daily timetable, supplementing and modifying frequently and fluently in response to student need
- Work with administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct for the classroom
- Assist and coach students within a consultation framework to increase coping skills and study skills to support academic success
- Gather and analyze school-wide and class-wide academic and behavioral data to ensure instruction is relevant and elevating overall school culture and effectiveness
- Work closely and collaboratively with the moral education adjustment team for the betterment of school culture and learning environment
- Support administrators, teachers and other school staff in identifying root causes of student behavioral issues and ways to meet students social and emotional needs
- Partner with general-education classroom teachers, moral education specialist, SEN coordinator if applicable and families to determine appropriate and effective social, emotional, and behavioral interventions and programs - both school wide and for sub-groups of students
- Equip other school staff with behavioral-intervention tools and systems to reinforce and maintain content and skills from the social emotional learning curriculum
- Support school in developing community partnerships and linkages for social services and behavioral health supports for high-risk students
- Build strong and sustaining relationships with students, families, and other school personnel
- Assist the administration in crisis intervention and emergency response teams
- Display ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school
Undertakes school supervision duties in a professional manner providing a duty of care over all students
Contributes to the school's Activities Program
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in sociology or psychology
- Integrates educational technology and psychology to enrich students' learning
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding on instructional strategies for students with social and emotional health problems
- Demonstrates knowledge of innovative educational theory and best practices
- Demonstrates to be able to adapt curriculum for student accessibility
- Demonstrates strong skills in partnering with families
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues, parents, families, and community members
- Possesses strong organizational and planning skills
- Good time, project, and classroom management skills
Personal & Professional Attributes
- Maintains a supportive, positive, and professional demeanour
- Full of enthusiasm in education and love with kids
- Passion for and experience and/or training in counseling, social work, social emotional learning, and behavior intervention strategies
- Models organizational values and beliefs
- Demonstrates the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality
- Adapts instructional practices to align with evolving students' needs
- Performs duties effectively and efficiently to support and contribute to high student achievement and engagement
Beijing Enlighten School is located in the central villa area and educational hub of Chaoyang District. The school is adjacent to the Red Brick Art Museum and Ma Quan Ying subway station in the East, No.1 Art District in the West, Da Wang Jing District in the South, and Heli Habitat Wetland Forest park in the North. Designed by well-known Chinese and foreign architectural designers, the school boasts a style that is elegant, dignified and full of vitality. The perfect wedding of architecture and nature, space and function, this represents the newest style of international school design. In the immediate vicinity, there are rich educational resources (including art, sports and culture), helping to provide students with a diverse learning environment.
Approved by Chaoyang District Education Committee of Beijing Municipality, and building on the foundation of the China National Curriculum, the school powerfully harnesses IB PYP / MYP Curriculum concepts and teaching strategies. In our mission to “cultivate thoughtful learners and caring global stewards”, we adhere to the cultural essence of seeking knowledge from nature, while drawing on the educational concepts and practical achievements of China and the world. We work together with students and parents to create a learning community where Chinese and Western cultures coexist harmoniously, complementing and enhancing each other.
BES focuses on the cultivation of students' ability to create a meaningful and happy life, with special focus on Social Emotional Learning, Art and Aesthetics in Education, and Information and Technology Literacy.