- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early childhood or Elementary Education.
- Valid Teacher’s License
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.
- Must have a compassionate and positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation abilities.
- Display a cheerful, relaxed, respectful, and pleasing personality when working with colleagues and parents, regardless of work pressures
- Highly competent in using educational technology such as Google Educator, Zoom, RazKids, BrainPop, and Math XL.
- Must have a firm command of the English Language (Speaking, readind and writing) for daily tasks and routine correspondence with staff and parents.
- Furnished accommodation
- Economy Class airfare
- Public Medical Health Insurance
- Transportation with the school bus
- End-of-service gratuity (as per Qatar’s Labor Laws)
- Professional Development
Only accepting Female candidates with no accompanying dependants for this position.
A Teacher Assistant (TA) provides support to the teacher in charge of a classroom. Also, a TA reinforce lessons by tutoring individual students or small groups. Duties include creating lesson plans, documenting progress. Additionally, duties include cleaning classroom, helping pre-KG and kindergarten for bathroom visits, and assisting children during meal times. They also teach table manners and help children with their classroom tasks.
- Work with the homeroom teacher to monitor the class schedule.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Help homeroom teachers to create lesson plans.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on field excursions.
- Collaborate with homeroom teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Document student progress
- Communicate with parents to follow student’s attendance.
- Comply with Ministry of Education, school, and class rules and regulations.
- Attend all training classes, parent conferences, and faculty meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the head teacher and school leadership.
EGA is an IB PYP accredited school, an MYP Candidate, and a CIS member school that offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic, and Social Studies. As of the academic year 2022/2023, we provide schooling to Pre-KG to Grade 7 students, and we plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years.
EGA's education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus situated on a 60,000 square meter land plot in the Northside of Doha. As of the academic year 2022/2023, our enrollment is nearly 1,300 students; however, the school campus' total enrollment capacity is 3,500 students.