This program is no longer offered.
About First Leap
China is the fastest-growing ESL market in the world and First Leap is proud to be at the forefront of this growth. First Leap is a part of TAL Education Group, one of China’s leading education enterprises and a New York Stock Exchange listed company. First Leap is excited to be a leading recruitment partner for Teach Away’s 2017/2018 Explore Program, one of the biggest teach abroad placement programs in China.
Since opening its first after-school English training program in Beijing in 2009, First Leap has expanded to over 100 centers in 30 cities across China, teaching over 30,000 students ranging from ages 2 to 15. Working at First Leap is your chance to be a part of an exciting, growing team of over 300 international teachers, as well as over 1,000 local teachers. Classes are small, with no more than 14 students. In order to give students the English language skills they will need in their future careers, First Leap offers instruction in the following subjects through English: Art, Music, Science, Drama, World Culture, Global Leadership, Book Reading, Logical Thinking and Virtual PE.
First Leap Teaching Job Requirements
- Fluent English speakers (UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland).
- Bachelor’s degree or above – Education, Linguistics or English majors are preferred.
- Internationally recognized TEFL, TESOL or CELTA certificate is preferred (costs will be reimbursed by First Leap).
- Teaching license issued by your home country is considered a strong asset.
- Teaching experience preferred, especially at early childhood level.
- Passion for First Leap and for working with young children is essential.
First Leap offers start-of-the art teaching facilities, including an office workspace with a work computer and free internet access, projector and SMART whiteboard. A bilingual local teacher assistant will also be available in each classroom.
All First Leap teachers are provided with a flip chart, comprehensive teaching guide and activity materials for use in the classroom.