Teach in Tajikistan
Opportunities to teach in Tajikistan are increasing alongside the country’s demand for English learning. Teaching jobs in Tajikistan include positions for ESL instructors as well as openings for experienced teachers.
Teach English in Tajikistan
Teaching Jobs in Tajikistan
The demand for English-language education in Tajikistan is rising, resulting in increased ESL jobs in language schools and kindergartens. Such jobs are located throughout the country, although the majority are concentrated in the capital city of Dushanbe. ESL jobs in Tajikistan will require a Bachelor’s degree and a TEFL certificate.
Dushanbe also has job opportunities in international schools for experienced teachers. While most of these positions will require a teaching license, it may be possible for teachers to obtain a position with a Bachelor’s degree and several years of relevant teaching experience.
Teaching Jobs in Tajikistan - Hiring
English teaching jobs in Tajikistan typically hire for September starts, although jobs do open year-round. To apply to teach in Tajikistan, teachers should create a profile here.
Living in Tajikistan
Most teachers in Tajikistan will find work in Dushanbe unless they are participating in volunteer work. The cost of living in Tajikistan is very low, which allows teaching salaries to go a long way. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in Dushanbe, as well as local bazaars for buying dried and fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, meats, and bread. Tajik cuisine resembles that of other Central Asian nations, with meats and produce often being combined in savory soups or pilaf.
Tajikistan’s landscape is largely dominated by the stunning Alay and Pamir Mountains, making the country a beautiful place to explore. Staying in more remote mountain villages offers teachers a different experience from city life. The people of Tajikistan, while private and somewhat conservative, are friendly and welcoming to foreigners.
TEFL Certification for Private School Teachers
Many private schools in Tajikistan require applicants to possess a TEFL certificate. The University of Toronto’s TEFL Online Certificate can help you become a leading candidate for some of the top private school positions in Tajikistan.
Tajikistan at a Glance
Capital - Dushanbe
Language - Tajik
Population - 8 million
Currency - Somoni (TJS)
Government - Unitary semi-presidential state
- Tajikistan is a mountainous landlocked sovereign country in Central Asia. it is the 96th largest country in the world in terms of area.
- It is bordered by Afghanistan to the south, Uzbekistan to the west, Kyrgyzstan to the north, and China to the east.
- The Fann Mountains is one of the largest tourist attraction in Tajikistan. Mountaineering, rock climbing, and ice climbing are some of the activities that can be enjoyed here not to mention the great scenery.
- The Alauddin Lakes in Tajikistan are a beautiful lake basin with clear and cool waters perfect for swimming. The area also offers great mountain scenery perfect for a relaxing day.
- Tajikistan is the setting of the Chevy Chase-Dan Aykroyd Cold War comedy, Spies Like Us
- The Iskanderkul Lake of Tajikistan is named after Alexander the Great.
- The Silk Road, an ancient network of trade routes passes through Tajikistan.