Academic Vice Principal
Department: Senior Leadership Team
Line Manager: Principal
Cover During Absence: Principal, Heads of Departments
Working collaboratively with the Principal to monitor student progress and attainment data through close collaboration with Senior Leadership Teams. Improve the organizational and operational performance of Nibras International School through valid and reliable assessment data, progress analysis and improvement planning aligning summative information to learning outcomes for students and working with School Leadership Teams to assess the impact of school action plans to achieve desired school and company outcomes.
To track the development and integration of all teaching staff through a rigorous lesson observation and evaluation system, this includes tracking of all data against ISP, NEASC and KHDA standards, in addition to developing the systems practices and procedures to ensure amazing learning is happening at all levels across the school.
Principal, Senior Leadership Team, Department Heads, Secondary Students and Parents, Admissions Manager, External Agencies and Service Providers, Career Counslor
- Work collaboratively with the principal to develop group wide curriculum and assessment policies and procedures
- Promote the UAE National Agenda’s two main objectives regarding the UAE’s ranking in international assessments
- Implement appropriate external testing instruments for the core subject areas
- Build a data culture and establish a platform in NIS that will import all attainment data that conducting analysis thoroughly and generates central reports across the different curricula in the school
- Maintain regular communication with senior leadership teams in order to stimulate outstanding student attainment, progress and development of learning skills across the curriculum
- Provide professional development of faculty and support staff in order to raise achievement in the core subject areas: Arabic, Islamic, English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and Early Years
- Support the development of high quality teaching and learning through lesson observations and developmental feedback for teachers
- Collect and analyze assessment data across the school and support the development of data driven action plans to improve student attainment and progress in schools
- Manage multiple projects and perspectives whilst instilling high standards and outstanding performance
- Supervise the schools’ self-evaluation processes
- Encourage peer modeling and coaching within and across year and subject groups to improve the quality of teaching and learning, student attainment and progress against starting points and over time, progress in lessons and progress of different groups of students
- Manage the HODs and team leaders at all levels and hold them accountable for the results
- Promote and ensure a positive and professional learning culture through all interactions
- Promote differentiation and help develop teaching and learning strategies that support outstanding teaching and learning for all groups of students
- In collaboration with SLT members support parent education workshops as required
- Maintain open and honest communication with all school constituents
- Work with subject coordinators to ensure that the curriculum meets the learning needs of students and is aligned with the ministry’s expectations, international accreditation requirements
- Partner with school leadership teams to support school’s assessment protocols, analyze data, and support them in identifying areas for improvement.
- Develop internal assessments that measure certain areas across the school as appropriate
- Support the implementation and administration of external and standardized tests including the development of quality of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments processes in schools.
- Design test/assessment development processes for the writing benchmark projects to ensure that all materials are authentic, reliable, and valid as well as complying with international standards.
- Train teachers and curriculum coordinators to writers to adhere to the requirements of international test specifications and test development procedures
- Produce reports that discuss and compare school achievements and results in internal and external assessments.
- Work collaboratively with external education providers, and assessment centers to implement new initiatives and group wide tests
- Undertake other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal
|Dubai , Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|USD 5000 - 8000|
Qualifications and Requirements