AP Teacher, College Counselor, Elective Teacher & Coordinator
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- English, Computer Science, History, Music, Math
- Teaching Credential/License
Teachers with prior AP experience, familiarity with US standards based planning and assessment, a caring soul and lots of interests and flexibility are urged to apply.
- Round trip airfare at beginning and end of work with school; a cycle of $1,000 travel allowance after one year and a round-trip flight to home of record after second year.
- Housing & utilities allowance.
- Overseas medical insurance including emergency medical evacuation.
- Cost of all visas and work permits.
Our nano school of 64 students has grown just enough to create 1 additional high school class of every subject!
To make this a full time position, we are seeking an elusive unicorn -- an experienced and highly professional teacher who can deliver the following or some similar variation of subjects:
- AP English
- AP History and/or Economics;
- 1 math (statistics perhaps) or IT or Computer Science course;
- A HS elective course (maybe drama, music or journalism);
- College Counseling and HS coordination.
Are you the unicorn we are looking for? We hope so!
The Gambia is amazing but requires teachers ready to live in an underdeveloped country. The country known for its warmth and smiles. The school has supportive parents and a very warm, positive feeling. Despite all this wonderfulness, medical care is limited, the country is largely impoverished and undeveloped, and electricity, water and basic infrastructure are often failing, absent or non-existent. Tourism is the main income for the lovely beaches; products are largely imported and costs reflect that.
There is no minimum nor maximum age limit for teachers.
BAIS offers individualized educational programs in a supportive and warm learning community of staff, students and parents. The teachers we seek for BAIS embrace the challenges of living in a very small, developing country while delivering the highest educational program expected by the expatriate, diplomatic and business community. BAIS teachers support each other and often teach combined grade classes. They enjoy the beach and create their own social events in between frequent school events that they inspire and organize.If you are ready for a school where you give your best in order to get the best from each learner... If you hope to commit to a small, cohesive community... Then come Believe - Achieve - Inspire - Succeed at BAIS! Contact us at BAIS today to begin the discussion.