- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Art & Design
Salary commensurate with years teaching experience per month (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
- End-of-Contract: Upon satisfactory completion of the Employee’s contract, the Employee is entitled to a completion bonus of 10% percent of the annual base salary of the most recent year worked
- Master/Hard-to-Fill Stipend
- Home passage and Summer Holiday Travel flight
- Chinese Public holidays & Winter Holiday& Spring Holiday&Summer Holiday&Marriage & Bereavement & Sick & Maternity & Paternity leave
- Housing: School will provide the employee with a furnished apartment close to school
- Moving allowance: US$300-S$1000
- Medical: School will provide medical insurance coverage for the employee and his/her authorized dependent(s) in mainland China
- Schooling: The school will be responsible for the cost of registration, capital levy, and tuition fees for the Employee’s school-aged children at BIBA
- Professional Development
- The school will apply and pay for a valid work visa cost
- Airport pick-up upon arrival, team building, Chinese traditional holiday gift, etc
The Art Teacher is responsible for delivering art educational experiences to students in a classroom setting. He/She strives to create authentic learning experiences through planning and delivering instruction, and through the creation of activities, individual and team projects that help students understand by design. The successful candidate will also understand how summatively and formatively assess student learning. He/She has a track record of creating a positive learning environment through the use of positive discipline techniques and continuously inspires excellence in student academic achievement. He/She encourages students to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in art. Through the use of the California Curriculum aligned to Common Core standards, the teacher connects these core subjects to other disciplines and real-world applications.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Set and communicate clear objectives and standards for all learning activities
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question and investigate
- Provide regular formative assessment and feedback
- Collaborate within Department to prepare, set, administer and mark tests and assignments in order to summatively assess students’ progress and attainment
- Collaborate within Department for unit planning including instructional goals, objectives, curriculum and instructional methods
- Collaborates with teachers in other departments for interdisciplinary unit planning, and supporting student needs as necessary
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Observe a one week turn around for marking of summative assessments
- Maintain records of students’ progress and achievement via school-based systems
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Participate in department and school meetings
- Stay current on math pedagogical practice
- Continue to grow as a professional by attending in-service professional development activities, and actively participating in self-appraisal processes
- Be available to students who need extra assistance
- Take all responsible precautions to provide for health and safety of the students and to protect equipment, materials and facilities
BIBA is one of the fastest growing international schools in Beijing, with over 1600 students from 30 different countries. Our vision is to be the model for developing internationally-minded bilingual ambassadors, who promote inter-cultural understanding, respect and integration in a dynamic global community. The school is deeply rooted in appreciation of Chinese culture and is dedicated to global citizenship in the world’s historic journey towards a united human community.
Teachers enjoy a rich community life with many teaching families, children, and singles, who plan and participate in various events and activities. There is a very active PTA, which runs an on-site PTA Cafe for teachers and students to enjoy lattes, delicious cakes, and lunch snacks.
We are in Shunyi, a fast growing suburb of Beijing. There is a shopping mall within walking distance, which includes Starbucks, GAP, UNIQLO, a movie theatre, and much more. 15 minutes from the Airport and close to public transport allowing for easy access to exploring the rich culture and destinations of Beijing and China.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.