Cambridge High School Art and Design Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Fine art, art & design
- Experience in teaching CAIE IGCSE and A-Level art and design
- Able to provide university counseling for art students
- Experienced in teaching art to ESL students
- Culturally adaptive and open-minded
- Experienced in teaching both IGCSE and A-Level Art & Design to high school students with proven successful learning results
- Able to provide bespoken support to both low-achieving and high-achieving students
- A people-centric team player with excellent organizational skills
- Prior experience in training and mentoring less experienced teachers will be a plus
- Medical insurance (China coverage)
- Economy flight allowance of up to RMB10,000 is provided on a reimbursement basis for every one school year served
- Housing allowance of RMB2500 per month is provided (enough to rent a two-bedroom apartment near the school)
- Free Chinese lessons for beginning learners
- Approx. 10 weeks holidays for Christmas, Chinese New Year and Summer, in addition to Chinese statutory holidays of 10 days which are all fully paid
- PD opportunities
We are looking for an experienced Cambridge A-Level Art and Design teacher to join our dynamic school.
Ulink College Wuhan is a Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) authorized center that offers IGCSE and A-Level curricula to Chinese students aged 14-19. We are a member of Ulink Education Group, the first school to introduce Cambridge A-Level into China 16 years ago. Ulink Education Group is the only school in China that has been granted Excellence in Education Award by CIE (now CAIE).
Currently, our course offering covers subjects of language (English and Chinese), maths, humanities, science, vocational and arts. We are a growing school that was opened in Aug 2014, with the student size expanding from the first year's 17 to the current 260.
Ulink College Wuhan is a growing school that was opened in Aug 2014. We are a Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) authorised center that offers IGCSE/A-Level curricula to Chinese students aged 14-19.
We are a member of Ulink Education Group, the first school to introduce Cambridge A-Level into China 15 years ago. Up to date, Ulink Education Group has campuses in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou and Wuhan, with more than 3000 graduates, of which, more than 130 were admitted into Oxbridge. We are the only school in China that has been awarded Excellence in Education by CAIE.
Ulink College Wuhan is committed to developing professional practices of being student-centered, supporting students in their whole-person development and preparing them for an international life style. Our graduates, although not many, have been admitted to some of the top universities in the world, such as Imperial College, UCL, University of Manchester in the UK, McGill University, University of Toronto and UBC in Canada and Australia National University, Melbourne University, University of Sidney in Australia.
Wuhan, where our school is located, is centrally situated in China with 4-5 hour high-speed train access to some major cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu. Wuhan itself is a city with both an ancient history and a thriving present with rich cultures, surrounded by beautiful landscapes and abundant places of historic and cultural interest. To name a few: the Three Gorges Dam is the world’s biggest hydro-electric project; Shennongjia Mountain is listed in the UNESCOs program of Man and Biosphere and Wudang Mountain is in the list of World Cultural and Natural Heritages.
When you first arrive in Wuhan, we will have a dedicated Admin team to help you settle down and provide continuous support during your stay to make life easier for you. Great attention will be given to teachers’ professional development. All newly joined teachers will be provided with a free Cambridge teacher account to access Cambridge teacher resources. Teachers new to Cambridge will be offered opportunities to participate in online or face-to-face trainings. Experienced Cambridge teachers will be offered opportunities to do extended CAIE trainings. We are a professional development qualification centre of CAIE and able to offer Cambridge’s teacher training and development programs within the school. As a member of Ulink Education group, we also provide our teachers with platform to exchange ideas, experiences and resources with fellow subject teachers in other Ulink schools.
As a young and expanding school, we have 260 students now and expect to grow. We provide great potentials for career growth. Experienced teachers will be able to take mentor/trainer roles; teachers who want to grow to leadership roles will also be given opportunities to become head of department, GLC or senior administration roles.
We are looking for professional teachers with a growth mind set, passion in education, hardworking and willing to contribute and make a difference in the whole-person development of teenagers in a multi-cultural school environment.