Career Counselor - Sas Al Nakhl Campus
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Worker, or Career Counselling
- Minimum of two years of postgraduate
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of your school community
- Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services or Police check
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be added as supporting documents on the TES website.
What we offer
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of Owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and children's education allowance. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
Aldar Education is currently seeking a high-performing Career Counselor - Female Campus for the August 2023 start. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School, Sas Al Nakhl, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
ADNOC Schools are Massachusetts State Curriculum schools with superb facilities in Abu Dhabi City and the Western Region of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
The Massachusetts Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the United States, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of ADNOC Schools receive the American High School Diploma - the standard entry qualification for US colleges and universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Proactively creates and develops positive relationships with all members of the school community (students, teachers, families).
- Establishes positive working relationships with colleges and universities, ensuring they are familiar with the application process, and creating opportunities for successful admission of Aldar Education students.
- Develops the College and Careers curriculum and provides training to school leaders to support the career planning and college selection/application processes.
- Works with students and their families to understand the career alternatives available to them as well as the educational alternatives that are accessible.
- The College/Career Counselor employs several venues to reach students and families, including individual conferences with students and families, larger group presentations in workshops, classrooms, and college visits.
- Maintains a resource library of print & electronic information of college catalogs, college guides, scholarship information, and financial support applications.
- Establishes and maintains college counseling information across a variety of media.
- Direct communication via newsletters, information sources, phone, and e-mail with students and families.
- Collaborates with students' teachers to deliver information, gather recommendations and meet deadlines.
- Coordinates college, career, and university visits to the school.
- Can organize college fairs.
- Coordinates college entrance exam testing and interpretation.
- May perform other projects and duties as directed by the Principal and Vice Principal.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals they apply at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
The ADNOC Schools, in line with the UAE government's pioneering initiatives, aims to become a premier school in the region, graduating highly competent, socially responsible citizens and future national leaders.
The mission of ADNOC Schools is to prepare Emirati and other students, through an academically rigorous curriculum, to achieve their highest potential in a global, technologically advanced society, where Arabic and Islamic values are honored and cultural differences are respected.
Abu Dhabi is the capital city of UAE and is the second most populous city. Experienced educators or administrators seeking positions in the UAE can find great opportunities in Abu Dhabi.