Curriculum and Instruction Director - Kenya
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction
- Teaching Credential/License
- Current state or provincial issued teacher certification
- Minimum of 2 years teaching/admin/business experience
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
- ACSI Certification
- Masters in Curriculum & Instruction or Educational Leadership or Equivalent.
West Nairobi School believes it is important to provide additional benefits above and beyond the monthly stipend teachers receive while teaching with us. Full-time teachers and administrators who have been hired as NICS Missionaries are eligible to receive these benefits. We are pleased to be able to offer a generous package which includes:
- Travel Assistance: Upon signing the initial two year contract, West Nairobi School will purchase a round trip ticket to Kenya and back to your home country/city.
- Housing / Housing Set Up: West Nairobi School will provide a monthly housing stipend equivalent to $200 USD (pretax) per month per NICS Missionary. Upon moving, West Nairobi School will give each NICS Missionary Teacher $1,200 USD to help them with housing set up.
- School Lunch: Teachers at WNS will receive free school lunch each day.
- Tuition Waiver: WNS Teachers who are hired as NICS Missionaries will receive a tuition waiver for their children while teaching at WNS. NICS Missionary Teachers may be required to pay for their children’s class supplies.
- Professional Development: West Nairobi School believes in the growth of their teachers. Professional Development opportunities will be provided all throughout the school year. An additional $300 USD will be allotted for each teacher to use toward their own professional growth. West Nairobi School also provides the opportunity for teachers to apply for a Continuing Education Grant should the teacher desire to pursue a Master’s or Doctorate degree. West Nairobi School supports teachers in the recertification process by providing opportunities to earn ACSI CEUs throughout the school year.
- Work Permit: West Nairobi School will pay for the work permit and the processing of the document. WNS will ask for all of the necessary documentation from each teacher and is more than willing to assist expatriate teachers in this way.
- Health Insurance: West Nairobi School will provide UnitedHealthcare Global insurance for each NICS Missionary on the field in Kenya.
In 1996, the Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL) started West Nairobi School. The School was established to provide a quality North American Christian education for children of missionaries, expatriates and nationals. During the 2002–2003 school year, the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) began operating West Nairobi School. The purpose of NICS is to reach the world for Christ through international Christian education. NICS is a Biblically based, Christ-centered, caring community committed to excellence. West Nairobi School is located on 10 beautiful acres in Karen, Kenya. We have 330+ students from over 30 different countries. Our teaching staff comes from Canada, Kenya, and United States of America. We have seen growth in our teaching staff as well. This year, our goal is to add 5 new positions. Our theme for the past three years has been: Teaching Truth, Training Minds, & Impacting the Kingdom. God continues to do a mighty work at WNS, we see His blessings being poured out here. Will you consider joining us? We would love to talk with you!
- Assist the Director in accomplishing the academic goals of the school.
- Supervise teaching Faculty and Staff.
- Lead / conduct meetings (student, staff, & parent).
- Oversee and lead the curriculum review process with the assistance of the Principals.
- Oversee and lead the professional development for faculty with the assistance of the Principals.
- Work together with the Principals to ensure Christ-Centered instruction is evident in classrooms.
- Foster positive relationships with parents and the community.
- Ensure a safe learning environment for students.
- Organize, plan, & schedule standardized testing at West Nairobi School (NWEA MAP, PSAT, SAT, & Advanced Placement).
- Facilitate teacher self-reflection of curriculum maps and oversee the effective use of curriculum maps.
- Come alongside teachers and serve as a curriculum and instruction coach.
Provide academic supervision and support for the teaching Faculty & Staff.
Specific Skill Set:
- Evidence of spiritual leadership and maturity.
- Administrative academic requirements including a master’s degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Educational Leadership or equivalent.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Lead teacher or assistant administrator experience preferred.
- Appropriate interpersonal and social skills when relating to students, parents, and teachers.
- Effective communication skills with parents, teachers, and students.
- ACSI administrator certification.
- Positive attitude.
- Team player.
- Desire to shepherd the flock.
The Network of International Christian Schools is an organization that consists of 15 schools in 13 countries in Asia, Africa, South America, Europe and North America.
The mission of NICS is to establish a worldwide network of international Christian schools staffed by qualified Christian educators, instilling in each student a Biblical worldview in an environment of academic excellence and respect for people of all cultures and religions.
Kenya has both English teaching jobs and classroom teaching jobs for licensed teachers in its international schools.