Director of Early Childhood Education - Bangkok
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education, Education, Childhood Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood and Adolescence, Elementary Education, or a similar, related field.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in an early childhood school environment.
- Demonstrated strength in administrative experience.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral and written).
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Early Childhood Education to start August 2023!
BASIS International School Bangkok opened in August 2019, bringing the reputed BASIS Curriculum and model to Thailand. This location opens up exciting cultural and educational opportunities for BASIS International School administrators and teachers. The students follow the same model as their peers in BASIS Independent Schools within the USA, with the addition of the Thai Language and Culture. A majority of the students have English as their second language.
As BASIS International School Bangkok expands the Early Years program we are now looking to add to our dynamic team of administrators and teachers.
The Director of Early Childhood Education is a member of the Senior Leadership Team working closely with all school administrators and reporting to the Head of the School. The Director brings life to our purpose of “connecting students to their unique futures.” The Early Childhood Education Director provides leadership aimed at providing the best possible school climate, as well as, maximum opportunities for student growth and development.
Specific duties include the following:
- Oversee day-to-day operations for early childhood education program including quality control to ensure culture and academic excellence.
- Ensure that all health and safety measures are in place at the campus.
- Ensure that appropriate teacher ratios are met at all times
Staff Development and Student Outcomes:
- Directs the activities of the Early Years Faculty & Staff in the performance of their duties.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methodology, and general school procedures.
- In partnership with the Head of the School, conducts regular meetings and professional development opportunities with faculty.
- Oversees student development, performance, and academic achievement.
- Supervise, guide, mentor, train, and coach teachers and other extended-care staff directly and through role modeling.
- Conduct regular classroom observations to record and review teaching excellence criteria and ensure effective implementation of curricular and technology initiatives.
- Track and use data to appropriately measure student growth and inform instruction.
- Maintains a comprehensive calendar of school events.
- Partners with the Head of School to create a supportive and open and collaborative environment for faculty and staff.
- Assists the Head of School in planning school assemblies and special events.
- Keeps the Head of School informed of the general programs, activities, and problems of the school.
- Customer service, both internal and external, is given top priority and builds rapport with students, parents, and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Exudes a courageous, compassionate, and caring leadership style that engenders support among colleagues, staff, and the community through his/her knowledge, experience, creativity, vision, and dedication to the school’s mission.
- A leader who can clearly articulate the vision of the school and can inspire both internal and external customers.
- A creative individual who thinks globally, works collaboratively, is open to new ideas, and embraces change.
- Demonstrated leadership inabilitylity to teach, train, supervise and support teachers in best practices.
- An individual of high integrity and reputation who understands the importance of trust, respect, collaboration, and high standards of excellence.
- A good listener who is intuitive, thoughtful, considerate, and compassionate about relationships with others.
- A mission-driven individual who leads by example with enthusiasm, passion, and sparking intelligence.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.