- All Levels
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
Qualifications and Requirements
- Is a university graduate, preferably with a degree in education; also, either 3 years of teaching experience or pursuing a master's in education administration.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with foreign and national staff with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
- Demonstrates ability to lead, but not necessarily in an administration role.
- Possesses a passion for education and a desire to inspire students.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains a professional, positive attitude with staff, students and parents.
- Character references required (e.g. pastoral reference)
- Health Insurance
- Pre-field and on-field cultural training
- Monthly Salary
- Tuition for Chirdren
- Eligibility for paid Master's degree program when a second (2 year) contract is signed
- Language Tutoring
- Responsible for leading teachers, students and parents in all the programs, activities and subjects at the School; and creating a positive, caring learning environment. Duties and Responsibilities
- Advocates for the School’s vision and values in all school activities.
- Provides spiritual leadership, coordinates assemblies and prayer meetings as assigned, and counsels staff as appropriate.
- Acts as an integral part of the School Leadership team, providing support and ongoing leadership of different events when needed.
- Is an instructional leader, having an up to date knowledge of instructional techniques and curriculum.
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring for teachers/assistants as part of their professional development.
- Builds good communication and interaction with parents.
- Administers all programs in accordance with policies and procedures adopted by the Board and administration of the school.
- Plans activities and events throughout the year which support the goals of the school and iSC.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of instruction of individual teachers/assistants by conducting formal and informal observations and provide timely, specific feedback
- Utilizes feedback from students, staff, families, and community in the evaluation of instructional programs and school practices.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
International Schools Consortium (iSC) is a nonprofit organization that, since 1986, has offered excellent academic programs to meet the intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of students. iSC has six schools in China, one school in the UAE, and helps to support various other educational initiatives globally. iSC is a multi-school program, enabling students and teachers to participate in system-wide programs where they can interact with others outside of their immediate school. Students compete in basketball, volleyball and soccer tournaments, as well as music and choral festivals, and Model United Nations (MUN) conventions.
A leading international school in Yantai.
A dynamic community of students, teachers, and parents committed to learning and growing – building a solid foundation today to impact the world tomorrow.
Our Purpose Statement
Yantai Huasheng International School is committed to providing transformative, holistic K12 education to develop globally-minded individuals who learn, love, and lead.
Our vision is to develop world-class servant leaders raised up in every vocation
The YHIS Campus opened in the Fall of 2016. The location of the campus is centrally located in Yantai, Kaifaqu district. Proximity to the airport and is only 2km from the beach. The school building is purpose-built specifically for an international school. It is roughly 20,000 square meters, and five stories tall. It has classrooms equipped with interactive learning experiences, two fully equipped science labs, and two fully equipped art rooms (including a pottery kiln). We also have two acoustically designed orchestra practice halls, eight acoustically engineered music practice rooms. The YHIS Campus offers up-to-date high quality, multimedia classroom systems and wireless access in all areas of campus. Moreover, the numerous working areas on campus will provide students with pleasant learning areas, outside of the classrooms. YHIS Campus has a library, with lounge, and reading areas for Kindergarten through High School. For indoor and outdoor sports, YHIS has access to a state-of-the-art gymnasium, track and field, soccer, basketball, play areas, and wide open outdoor study areas. Our campus has a 650 seats auditorium/theater, with full lighting, LED backdrop, sound system, and theater-like seats.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.