Early Childhood Education Teacher / Nursery - Bangkok
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education, Education, Childhood Development
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
- Demonstrated success in student achievement, child development, and classroom management.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking qualified candidates for an Early Years (Nursery) Teacher to start in August 2023!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our Pre-Kindergarten classrooms are taught by two teachers--the lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher and an additional Pre-Kinder Teaching Fellow. The Pre-Kinder Teaching Fellow supports the learning of students and supplements the instruction of the lead teacher.
What We're Looking For
In this teaching position, you use your expertise in early childhood or elementary education to create a learning environment where learning is a joyful and rewarding experience that maintains the integrity of each child’s imagination and natural curiosity. The environment fosters exposure to a thematic, hands-on, comprehensive, and content-rich curriculum. It creates a blueprint for children not only to transition with ease to first grade but also to become enthusiastic lifelong learners. Ultimately, the goal of the program is to foster a sense of wonder while engaging in the world that surrounds us, equipping students with a foundation for future success.
Early Years Teachers are knowledgeable, and passionate and believe in developing independence, responsibility, and autonomy in students at a young age. Our early education teachers love teaching and our students love learning. BASIS International teachers celebrate the art of learning and, guided by the belief that any child can excel, our early education teachers' deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Build a positive classroom community to ease classroom management, improve student attitude toward learning, and create an environment where students feel welcomed and supported.
- Create intervention and enrichment activities to supplement core instruction to heighten the trajectory of their academic and personal success.
- Teach lessons in reading, math, science, and social studies in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Instruct students in executive functions to develop skills of autonomy, responsibility, and independence.
- Establish effective school-to-home and home-to-school communications to involve parents and families in their student's education.
- Guide student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by working closely with a teaching fellow to deliver effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for teaching and educating students at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum Teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Has experience teaching or tutoring with respective age group
- Able to create a positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content and well-planned, well-paced lessons
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy, and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and does whatever it takes a mindset
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.