- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Business or Economics
- Teaching Credential/License
- A formal teaching qualification such as PGCE, PGdip, BA, MA, MBA, Qualified Teacher Status, or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
- Experience with Economics teaching at IB Diploma level or Advanced Level.
- Knowledge or experience in teaching IGCSE Business or post-16 Business is beneficial.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Experience of the IGCSE and/or IB MYP/DP is ideal.
- Experience working in an international school is desired.
- Good teaching and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Competitive salary and benefits.
ISR International School on the Rhine is a private, coeducational school catering for students from Kindergarten through Grade 12. The school operates a non-selective admissions policy and has an enrollment of around 1,000 students with more than 60 nationalities represented in the student body.
ISR is accredited by the German authorities as an ‘Anerkannte Internationale Ergänzungsschule’ (International Supplementary School) and by the US accrediting agency Cognia (formerly known as AdvancED). ISR is an IB World School authorized to offer the IB Diploma Programme and also offers Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) IGCSE courses. The school is a certified member of the Council of International Schools (CIS).
We are looking for a full-time IGCSE & IB DP Economics Teacher to join our team on August 1, 2024 (possibly earlier).
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the high quality of teaching and learning.
- Be responsible for student progress, welfare, and outcomes.
- To engage students in positive learning relationships.
- To have an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers.
- To take responsibility for implementing school policies and practices, especially concerning safeguarding and equality of opportunity.
At ISR, you will always be supported by committed and welcoming colleagues, confident hardworking students, and a very supportive ISR community. We will be looking at you to establish your value in a fast-paced rewarding school and return will offer a range of career development opportunities.
We are always open to discussing possibilities for inspiring candidates!
ISR, located in the DÃ¼sseldorf – Neuss – Meerbusch region, offers excellent international education from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in a multilingual environment is exclusively financed by tuition fees, and does not receive financial support from the state. Furthermore, ISR is recognized as an accredited school by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. All proceeds are reinvested into the school to further benefit the students.
ISR is committed to providing comprehensive, internationally oriented, and individualized support for its students and offers an excellent learning concept that prepares students for studies at renowned universities worldwide. The well-structured curriculum, combined with the early identification of knowledge gaps through weekly tests (monitoring), form the basis for the graduation results of ISR graduates, which are far above the German and global average.
The curriculum is developed centrally and is taught using specially developed teaching programs. German is taught according to the curriculum for high schools in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Our ISR Team
Our international team comprises over 180 employees from over 40 countries. Around 160 staff members are dedicated solely to teaching, advising, and supervising the students as well as supporting them both in their academic and extra-curricular activities. This pedagogical team not only includes highly qualified teachers but also supervisors, university counselors, a student counselor, a school nurse, a student activities coordinator, a librarian, and the school leadership team.