Elementary Humanities Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
- Required Certificates: Teaching Credential/License
- One of a) B.Ed., b) a state-issued teaching license, or c) a degree closely related to the subject that you will teach
- Must have a professional level of English
- Teaching experience
- 1 million KRW reimbursement for airfare if hired from outside South Korea
- Vacation: Winter, 2 weeks; Spring, 1 week; Summer, 4 weeks; plus national holidays
- Standard medical and pension/severance contributions
- If you have children that are elementary age, a large majority of the tuition is waived.
American STEM Education is proud to promote and support the hiring for American STEM Prep Daegu's 2022-2023 school year! American STEM Prep - Daegu (ASP-D) is our newest international ASP school located in Daegu, South Korea. ASP-D will open as a certified member of American STEM Education (ASE) based in the United States. ASP-D is looking for teachers that specialize in the areas of Humanities. Applicants with either an F visa or all apostilled documents prepared for employment are highly encouraged to apply.
The Daegu community is excited to welcome its first Common Core-aligned elementary school to students in an English immersion environment. A successful founding teacher will lead students toward student achievement goals, be responsible for a positive school culture, and provide purposeful collaboration with teachers, school personnel and the community.
Opening a school is extremely rewarding yet challenging, therefore, a successful candidate must demonstrate competency in a variety of ways such as, but not limited to:
- Fostering a positive, inclusive, academically focused environment that supports multiple levels of learning, needs, and social considerations.
- Providing direction, energy, and purposeful leadership for staff, students, and the community.
- Shaping the culture of the program by creating rigorous lessons, creating an inclusive school culture, and thoughtfully mapping the curriculum.
- Navigating disciplinary matters and conflicts with poise, thoughtfulness, and appropriate proactive interventions.
- Collaboration with different cultures and perspectives brought by families, students, administrative stakeholders, partners, etc., and being able to provide and welcome input or direction toward solutions when situations arise.
- A growth mindset that identifies handles, and converts challenges into a more robust academic and social atmosphere.
Working conditions and benefits:
- Work start date: Mon, Jan. 23, 2023
- End date: Fri, Jun. 23, 2023 (employment contract can be renewed)
- Hours: Mon to Fri, 8 am to 5 pm
- Classes: maximum of 25 periods of 45 minutes per week
- Lead an after-class activity, such as math club, reading club, drama club, science club, yoga, etc. (activities end at 4:25 pm)
The successful candidate must have at least a degree in education, administration, or a Humanities related field, with a valid teaching license from a government issuer.
American STEM Prep & American STEM Education
American STEM Prep. is part of the American STEM Education(ASE) based in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States. ASE provides professional services to International K-12 Institutes making it possible for them to offer high-quality American Education for their students and parents, especially but not only for STEM programs.
ASP will deliver a first-class STEM education that will further our students into becoming well-rounded, English-speaking, critical thinking students who are fully prepared for further study at an international middle school.
DistinctionThe first and only truly STEM-focused American school in South Korea. US elementary school curriculum taught by licensed teachers. STEM curriculum resources from MIT, Harvard, and the Museum of Science in Boston. Makerspace with 3D printers, computer lab, and robotic and electronic supplies.â Going beyond academics, ASP will develop the whole student to become a good and responsible citizen with such things as ‘Hello/Thank you” and “Do five good things a week” campaigns. Entire five-storied building devoted to ASP students (K to 6), which includes a Makerspace, cafeteria, 300 square meters of the play area, and an art & music room.