Elementary Humanities Teacher - Nanjing
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Humanities, history, English Language Arts
- A Bachelor’s degree and the ability to successfully pass a background clearance.
- In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement.
- In some cases, a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state-authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement.
- Minimum two years of teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
- Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Nanjing is seeking qualified candidates for an Elementary Humanities Teacher to start in August 2023!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our elementary classrooms are taught by two teachers—one Subject Expert Teacher (SET) and one Learning Expert Teacher (LET).
BASIS International Humanities Teachers can focus their teaching on teaching phonics, reading, and humanities. They work collaboratively with Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) to cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. At the elementary level, let's help you focus on instruction while they ensure individual student understanding according to student needs. As an Elementary Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject-specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem-solving.
Humanities teachers establish a solid foundation of language and social science skills and knowledge. Language Arts topics covered include the beginnings of reading and writing, reading comprehension, the writing process, and much more. Some humanities topics covered include world history, American history, and the beginnings of geographic awareness. These broad and varied areas of study give elementary teachers the ability to approach the material in new and creative ways while providing students with a broad knowledge base to build upon.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in Humanities for elementary-aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment, and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge (math, sciences, fine arts, engineering, history, and more) and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.