Elementary / Preschool ESL Educator - Taipei
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 1 year of teaching experience
- TEFL/TESL/TESOL/CELTA certification (Strongly Preferred)
- 1+ years of experience teaching children full-time in a classroom setting (Strongly Preferred)
- Hourly rate ranging from NT$690 ~ 720 (after 2-month probation); pay raises available through a structured tier system
- Average 16-20 hours, with weekends off
- Small class sizes, with an average of 12
- Access to National Health Insurance and labor insurance
- Sponsored residency permit (ARC)
- Comprehensive online and in-person training program for all newcomers
- Access to mentoring and educator workshops
- Full classroom autonomy
- Work locations in the city center with access to convenient transportation systems
Interview Process (around 1.5 weeks):
- First Interview
- Demo Lesson
- Contract Meeting
BigByte was built on the promise of tomorrow. So you could say that forward-thinking is ingrained in our DNA. We're always looking for new ways to innovate and improve the education landscape. We have our team to thank for that. We're an ambitious group-- always curious and never satisfied. It takes a lot of hard work to make our world turn. That's why we'll put a lot of time into your development, encourage you, and reward your hard work. Together, let's make this world a better place for the generations to come.
At BigByte Education, we believe there is a better way to educate the youth. A more current, skill-focused way where a student learns invaluable skills that can and will be applied in their future. We are obsessively passionate about education, and our mission is to help the next generation as best we can. We focus mainly on providing students with comprehensive English language skills. With recent advances in technology, we know the education landscape is constrantly improving and we see this as an opportunity. We're excited to provide excellent education through our courses, trips, and community.
Teaching abroad in Taiwan offers an opportunity for teachers to gain international teaching experience, as well as opportunities for exceptional travel. A heavily populated island nation southeast of mainland China, Taiwan is home to 23 million people. Known for IT manufacturing, Taiwan is also home to spectacular sights such as the Taroko Gorge. For more information on what it's like to teach in Taiwan, read more here.