Elementary School Art Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education, Art Education
- Teaching Credential/License
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in the relevant field of study
- A recognized certification in teaching
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of the school.
To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.
Essential Functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans, and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies, and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, parent meetings, and schoolwide open days and events.
- To participate, monitor, support, and deliver BIBA’s Well-being/Advisory program and any special events held within the school
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, tests, and assignments.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic, and ability backgrounds.
- To abide by all policies and processes of the school
- Co-operating with the Head of School, Principals, Heads of Subjects, Curriculum Coordinators and other teachers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programs, methods of teaching and assessment and well-being care arrangements
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and communicating, consulting, collaborating, and cooperating with other members of the school Staff
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls, and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs, and student organizations as directed.
- Participate in Open Days and Schoolwide events/activities
- Other duties as assigned.
BIBA is one of the fastest growing international schools in Beijing, with over 1600 students from 30 different countries. Our vision is to be the model for developing internationally-minded bilingual ambassadors, who promote inter-cultural understanding, respect and integration in a dynamic global community. The school is deeply rooted in appreciation of Chinese culture and is dedicated to global citizenship in the world’s historic journey towards a united human community.
Teachers enjoy a rich community life with many teaching families, children, and singles, who plan and participate in various events and activities. There is a very active PTA, which runs an on-site PTA Cafe for teachers and students to enjoy lattes, delicious cakes, and lunch snacks.
We are in Shunyi, a fast growing suburb of Beijing. There is a shopping mall within walking distance, which includes Starbucks, GAP, UNIQLO, a movie theatre, and much more. 15 minutes from the Airport and close to public transport allowing for easy access to exploring the rich culture and destinations of Beijing and China.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.