Elementary School Assistant Principal
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- K-6 Administration Leadership
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
Candidates must be willing to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and yellow fever.
- Enforcing attendance rules
- Meeting with parents to discuss student behavioral or learning problems
- Responding to disciplinary issues
- Coordinating use of school facilities for day-to-day activities and special events
- Working with teachers to develop curriculum standards
- Developing and maintaining school safety procedures
- Evaluating teachers and learning materials to determine areas where improvement is needed
- Coordinating and planning class schedules
- Assessing data such as state standards and test scores
- Hiring and training staff
- Ordering and approving equipment and supply orders
- Maintaining systems for attendance, performance, planning, and other reports
- Supervising grounds and facilities maintenance
- Walking the hallways and checking in on teachers and classrooms
- Responding to emails from teachers, parents, and community members.
With the support of the Network of International Christian Schools, the American International School opened in 2006. Located in East Legon, Accra, Ghana, AIS serves students from ages 2 to 18 as an American Dual-Accredited College Preparatory School. Our faculty population is represented by 65% from the United States, and 35% are Expatriates from various countries. ACSI and MSA/CIWA accredit us.
American International School is a Christian-based school whose mission is to prepare minds, transform hearts and empower hands to impact the world. With the support of the Network of International Christian Schools, the American International School opened in 2006. AIS is the only American curriculum school in Ghana that has dual accreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Association of Christian Schools International. In addition.
Our vision is to be a Christian School that will provide a world-class education and environment for its students that will make them vibrant and passionate world changers: instilling in them a biblical worldview, personal integrity, and compassion to serve humanity.
We are a fully American Prek-12th grade school accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges and the Association of Christian Schools International. We also hold NCAA certification and Advanced Placement (AP) course approval and we are accredited by ACSI and MSA/CIWA.
AIS serves students from ages 2 years to 18 years as an American Dual-Accredited College Preparatory School. AIS offers (AP) Advanced Placement classes to our High School students to qualify for an honors degree and University credits.
Our faculty population is represented by 65% from the United States and 35% are Expatriates from various countries.
We are located in Accra - Ghana, âWest Africa.