Elementary School English Teacher - Guiyang Campus
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education, English
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma Level
- Bachelor's or Masters degree from a university in an English-speaking country, in education and/or English language development
- At least two years experience as an ELD teacher
- ESOL certification
- Able to meet China visa and work permit requirements
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in teaching in an elementary ELD program
- Coaching and designing and providing Professional Development experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledgeable about recent research in pedagogy in the field of English Language education.
- Possesses sensitivity to developmental stages and well-being of children.
- Flexible to adapt to the teaching needs of the students and the school.
Salary (dependent upon qualifications and experience);
- End-of-Contract: Upon satisfactory completion of the Employee’s contract, the Employee is entitled to a completion bonus of 10% percent of annual base salary of the most recent year worked
- Master/Hard-to-Fill Stipend
- Joining airfare and Summer Holiday Travel flight
- Chinese Public holidays & Winter Holiday& Spring Holiday&Summer Holiday&Marriage & Bereavement & Sick & Maternity & Paternity leave
- Housing: School will provide the employee with a furnished apartment close to school
- Moving allowance:US$300-S$1000
- Medical: School will provide medical insurance coverage for the employee and his/her authorized dependent(s) in mainland China
- Schooling: The school will be responsible for the cost of registration, capital levy, and tuition fees for the Employee’s school-aged children at BIBA
- Professional Development
- The school will apply and pay for a valid work visa cost
- Airport pick-up upon arrival, team building, Chinese traditional holiday gift, etc
The English Language Development Teacher supports Classroom Teachers to successfully guide English Language Learners towards gaining proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing, in order to achieve in all academic areas. He/ she uses effective learning strategies to increase teacher ELL knowledge and student confidence in participating in all English language subject classes.
- Provides coaching to classroom teachers to increase their proficiency as language teachers.
- Utilizes WIDA English Language development standards and tools to support English language proficiency
- Conducts WIDA and other language proficiency assessments in order to identify targeted needs and track progress of English Language Learners
- Provide ELD push in and/or pull out instruction to students within assigned grade level.
- Attends all grade-level planning meetings with your team.
- Consults with lead classroom teacher(s) to identify English Language Development needs and plan and implement professional development to address them.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and teaching strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students including small group learning, one-on-one, and whole group learning and teaches these to classroom teachers.
- Contribute to the needs of the school as a whole.
- Other duties as assigned
BIBA is one of the fastest growing international schools in Beijing, with over 1600 students from 30 different countries. Our vision is to be the model for developing internationally-minded bilingual ambassadors, who promote inter-cultural understanding, respect and integration in a dynamic global community. The school is deeply rooted in appreciation of Chinese culture and is dedicated to global citizenship in the world’s historic journey towards a united human community.
Teachers enjoy a rich community life with many teaching families, children, and singles, who plan and participate in various events and activities. There is a very active PTA, which runs an on-site PTA Cafe for teachers and students to enjoy lattes, delicious cakes, and lunch snacks.
We are in Shunyi, a fast growing suburb of Beijing. There is a shopping mall within walking distance, which includes Starbucks, GAP, UNIQLO, a movie theatre, and much more. 15 minutes from the Airport and close to public transport allowing for easy access to exploring the rich culture and destinations of Beijing and China.