- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- English Literature/English Language
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Recent training and/or experience in the current English Language A: Language and Literature or curriculum
- Five years of experience teaching English in K-12 schools; at international schools
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and others
- Has experience with children 12 -18 years of age, preferably in an international school
Provides students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.
This position will consist of a full-time assignment teaching English and another High School English course, depending on scheduling needs and teacher qualifications.
- Communicate and liaise on a regular basis with fellow team department/grade members with regards to planning, assessment, parent and community contact, subject organization and classroom issues such including discipline, expectations and routines
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences
- Establish links with the parent community to ensure that parents are kept well informed about student progress
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, conferences, and communication with parents
- Act as a resource/contact/support for new staff members (i.e. curriculum, schedules, and procedures). Participate in and assist with school events as required
Who We Are
Our teaching philosophy encourages students to inquire, explore, innovate and communicate, providing vital skills required for leadership in Indonesia and abroad. Coupled with internationally-recognized academic credentials, we are equipping our students to compete and succeed at every stage of life. With the advent of the information age available at our finger-tips, our job as a school is to teach our students “to learn how to learn”.
Drawing from the world’s best curricula and American-based STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) methodologies, we are equipping our students with global exposure and an internationally-recognized academic qualification.
Our environment was created to encourage a culture of innovation and collaboration. Moreover, our integration of communication, multiple language proficiency, and collaboration in team projects sets us apart from most other schools in ASEAN.
Sampoerna Academy graduates will assume leadership roles in a global society by being creative, passionate, life-long learners who are able to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world and who care deeply for their fellow men and the environment.
The mission of Sampoerna Academy is to provide a safe, caring, and collaborative learning environment that is of the highest quality and meets global expectations for student achievement and character development. Our educational foundation is student-centered with a strong emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) that enables students to become mature, confident global citizens with a strong sense of purpose. Our end goal is to prepare students for a tertiary education and to make them work ready and world ready.
Academically, we prioritize the development of cognitive skills and communication skills over rote memorization because we believe that more than acquiring facts, students must be able to apply their knowledge in real situations.
We seek opportunities to engage all stakeholders to play a part in the success of our students.
We maintain a strong Asian cultural value system that celebrates social harmony, order, and respect.
STEAM competency will differentiate our students from those attending other schools.
Our learning spaces are a platform for hands-on activities, exploration, inquiry and the creation of knowledge and dialogue.
Educators can teach English in Indonesia in one of the country’s private language institutes. Teaching English in Indonesia will usually mean working with students of all ages, from young children to adults.