- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification
- Minimum 1- 2 years of Teaching experience
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration for the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
- The incumbent requires to reside in the same Emirate as the school assigned to
What We Offer
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals they apply to our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is currently seeking English Teachers to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To be able to teach in an inspiring, and inclusive way, enabling independence, so that every child makes as much progress as possible; to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school and wider community; and to provide high-quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students.
- To deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- To be a good communicator at all levels.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet the requirements of the curriculum.
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
- Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development.
Teaching and Learning:
- Clear understanding of the Curriculum.
- Organising the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Planning, preparing, and presenting sessions that cater to the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
- Meeting with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and educational psychologists, if required.
- Ensure the Teacher and Learner's DNA language and attitudes are being embedded throughout the curriculum
Assessment and Data:
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student’s development using Target Tracker.
- Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning, provision, and intervention.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings
Behaviour Management and Duties:
- Follow the school’s behavior policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches that are appropriate to students’ needs to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioral policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values, and behavior, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behavior, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy.
Wider Professional Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources, and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organizing and taking part in school events, outings, and activities that may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers about students’ achievements and well-being using school systems/processes such as CPOMS as appropriate.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
- Run a weekly ECA each term.
Aldar Charter School - Al Majd campus is an American Curriculum school in the beautiful city of Abu Dhabi. With our globally recognized and admired curriculum, dedicated and passionate practitioners, and outstanding teaching and learning. It has an exciting, diverse, and progressive learning community that is committed to fulfilling the National Agenda for our Emirati students. Our learning culture is underpinned by our mission statement, Excite, Challenge, Empower allowing all students to thrive.