First Grade Teacher
- To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal
- To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care by the Head of School or Early Childhood Director
General Responsibilities Teachers at Sampoerna Academy are expected to:
- Teach assigned subjects to first grade students according to curriculum plan.
- Coordinate with other first grade teachers to maintain consistency in curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional ideas according to school standards.
- Motivate students to participate in various educational activities.
- Develop creative learning opportunities for student’s education, social and behavioral growth.
- Interact with parents to inform about their children’s academic progress.
- Create positive, structured, learning and safe environment for students.
- Develop and maintain student behavioral and discipline policies.
- Coordinate with other staffs to evaluate and enhance curricular programs for student academic excellence.
- Accommodate different learning styles and instruction methodology for English language learners and special education students.
- Use different assessment methods to evaluate student progress, their academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintain accurate attendance and grade records for each student.
- Assist in planning and implementing school programs and other activities.
- Develop positive parent teacher relationship and promote parent teacher partnerships.
- Monitor student activities in school premise and ensure safety of every student in the classroom and school grounds.
- Attend educational trainings and workshops for professional growth.
- Advising and co-operating with the Head of School, Assistant Head, Heads of Department, Education Officers, and other teachers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmed, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral care arrangements
- Contributing to the professional development of new teachers and student teachers according to arrangements agreed with the Head of School;
- Making use of audiovisual technological devices/aides (such as radio aids; projectors; smart board) and other adaptations during the delivery of the lessons;
|Sentul, Bogor , Indonesia|
Qualifications and Requirements
|Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education|
Qualifications the First Grade teacher should have:
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Preferred Skills and Experience