Head of English Department
- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor's degree in English or TESOL or a related subject, linguistics/ Master
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- The incumbent must have at least 5 years of experience in a Teaching/ Leadership Role.
- Tax-free salary
- Free Annual Flight Ticket Home
- Free Health Insurance
- Free Visa
- End of Service Gratuity
- Salary- AED 16000 + 25% reduction of fees for up to 2 kids for the first year of service.
We are currently looking for a Head of Department- English at Sharjah American International School in Dubai campus.
The job entails:
- Responsible and accountable for setting and advancing the academic strategy of the Department in line with Faculty and school strategic plans and direction.
- Ensure all staff has access to the necessary support to enable them to contribute fully and develop their skills and experience.
- Create a dynamic and forward-looking research environment for both staff and students.
- Ensure all activities are carried out to the highest possible standards and put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure both compliance and improvement: such procedures will include teaching, research, and management of all resources.
- Provide training sessions for all staff in the department.
- Provide full learning experience and support for students beyond set classes, working with pupils experiencing barriers to learning across the academic range
SAISD is an environment where dedicated educators in partnership with parents and other stakeholders work collaboratively to support and challenge our students to become more successful, innovative individuals and effective team players.
SAISD offers an American curriculum based on well-defined and internationally recognized American Education Standards while integrating relevant and meaningful international benchmarking and enrichment programs to guide curriculum, instruction, assessment, and extracurricular programs, including CCSS for English and Math, and NGSS standards for Science. The school models California State Education Framework. SAIS-Dubai is fully accredited by Cognia/ AdvancED and NEASC.
Our vision at SAISD is to be internationally recognized and locally trusted, we strive to establish and maintain a community that inspires a passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions or to explore possible opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs.
SAISD community embraces and nurtures its cultural diversity and multiculturalism. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration, and respect to achieve their common goals and support each other’s needs.
SAISD has a strong record of success and achievements which are widely recognized for preparing young men and women for opportunities and careers that are yet to come. SAISD has an impressive record of graduates attending leading colleges and universities both locally and internationally.