Head of Higher Secondary
- High School
- District/Regional Level Administrator, Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, Office/Administration Staff
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Visa and travel expenses covered
- Basic Healthcare covered
- Transport provided in case required
- Multicultured faculty so exposure to international experience.
- Welcoming teacher body
- Flexible contract terms
- Salaries are net amounts and tax free.
And many more...
Welcome to The British International School of Lubumbashi, an innovative school for children from Play School to Grade 12 offering a highly portable, globally recognised curriculum, with outstanding extra-curricular activities, and a warm and welcoming community in the heart of Lubumbashi. Choosing the right school is about so much more than academics. It is about finding a happy and caring environment within which students can thrive, explore and develop new areas of interest, and build the foundation for learning that will last a lifetime. With a new approach in blending traditional values and contemporary techniques, we at BIS recognise our student’s social and emotional growth equally as important as their academic development.
The Head of Higher Secondary is a senior figure in the school and as such should be an exemplary, and visible, role model for staff, students and parents.
It is not envisaged that Head of Higher Secondary will have a teaching timetable, but the possibility is not excluded
The Head of Secondary will:
- Directly line manage Heads of Departments and chair meetings
- Ensure that department curriculum documentation for the Higher Secondary School, is consistent in terms of layout and content in line with school policy
- Ensure that department curriculum documentation ensures a breadth of knowledge and progression of skills that will cater to all groups of students across the ability spectrum.
- Be responsible for internal and external assessment in the Secondary school and the tracking of student progress oversee the setting up, writing and production of high quality Higher Secondary School reports to parents according to the timetabled schedule.
- Directly monitor standards through: work scrutiny’s, department reviews, observations, teacher and student feedback, and individual appraisal of staff
- Oversee the production and maintenance of the Secondary part of the whole school timetable
- Ensure adequate cover supervision is provided for absent colleagues
- Deal with registration and monitoring of the Cambridge Examinations for IGCSE, AS and A levels.
- Ensure that all students receive appropriate pastoral care.
- Be responsible for the setting up and monitoring of a effective student profiling system monitor the support programmes for those with special needs and language difficulties
- Be responsible for all health and safety matters in the Secondary School both on and off campus including overseeing school trips according to school policies.
The British International School - Lubumbashi, an innovative school for children from playschool to grade 12, offering a highly portable, globally recognised curriculum, with outstanding extracurricular activities, and a warm and welcoming community in the heart of Lubumbashi, D.R. Congo.