Head of Primary (American Curriculum) - Aldar Education
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 10 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in education
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration for the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, age, and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
What We Offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 32,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both leads and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals their apply to our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is currently seeking several inspirational school leaders for various Head of Primary positions in the UAE, commencing Academic Year 2023 – 2024, due to planned current and future expansion.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 32,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and the Northern Emirates. As we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
- A Strategic direction and development of the department
- Develop and implement policies and practices for the department which reflect the school’s vision, aims, commitment to high standards of achievement, and effective teaching and learning
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate short, medium, and long-term plans for the development of the department
- Use data effectively to identify students who are underachieving in the department; create and implement plans of action to support those students
- Analyse and interpret relevant school data, to inform policies and department/school SEF writing
- Ensure that appropriate and relevant schemes of work are developed, in place, and regularly reviewed and evaluated, for all year groups and courses. These must include suitable provisions for SEN/POD, G&T, and EAL students
Teaching and learning
- Ensure curriculum coverage, continuity, and progression in the department for all students including those of high ability and those with special educational needs
- Establish and implement clear policies and practices for assessing, recording, and reporting on student achievement
- Set expectations for staff about standards of achievement and the quality of teaching and learning and behavior
- Evaluate the quality of teaching and learning of the department and use this to identify effective practice and areas for improvement; take action to further improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Ensure the department is regularly contributing towards the school’s CAS Programme and after school Booster/Revision Sessions for I/GCSE and IB DP courses
Leading and managing staff
- Performance management team by school performance management policy
- Establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships with the team, ensuring collaboration, support, accountability, and high professional standards
- Hold regular department meetings with minutes and agendas; the agenda should include a focus on improving standards relating to student achievement and teaching and learning
- Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources
- Maintain efficient and effective control of the Department’s Resource and CapEx budgets
- Effective use of accommodation to create an effective and stimulating environment for teaching and learning by Learning Environment Policy
- Ensure a safe working and learning environment in which risks are properly assessed and Health & Safety policy and regulations are observed at all times
Other duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the school’s CAS Programme by leading/supporting one after-school activity each term, including leadership of Model United Nations (MUN)
- To be an Academic Mentor and Extended Essay Supervisor to Year 12/13 students
- Undertake duties as part of the staff duty rota
- Cover for absent colleagues
- Invigilate examinations, as required, including a minimum of one evening and one-weekend external examination session, to support the Examinations Officer and Summer Examination Schedule
- Any other duties as assigned by the Principal
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, and Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum, and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.