High School History Teacher - Huizhou
- High School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- History, World History
- A Bachelor’s degree in History, World History, or a related field; or a degree in Elementary/Secondary Education with additional course work (24-30 credit hours) in History.
- Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years of teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance.
- Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, retirement benefit, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for a High School History Teacher for the 2023 school year!
Our network has continued to grow with BASIS International Schools Park Lane Harbour and Hangzhou opened in 2018, BASIS International School Nanjing in 2019, and our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, in 2020. We are continuing to expand and grow into new cities and seeking talented educators to grow with us!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a World History teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject-specific lesson plans, and to teach students world history as a means to develop global perspectives and understand how and why historical events happened.
World History teachers cover a wide variety of topics focused on the five major geographical regions of the globe. Focuses include culture, economic systems, social structures, and major historical events. World History teachers can collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to tie in lessons with what students are learning in other subjects, such as music and art. Our World History teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in World History.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment, and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is internationally competitive.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.