- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education, Young Learners
TESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateOther Certification
- TEFL certification required
- Valid Teaching Certificate with proper endorsement
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, parents, staff, and the community
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of employment and student matters
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities
- Full airfare reimbursement for an economy ticket and airport pickup
- Housing allowance will be provided (furnished flat)
- Develops and presents specific lesson plans, using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audio-visual and library resources, computers, and the Internet.
- Prepares assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework. Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student performances.
- Having peer observation at least twice a month and feel the peer observation for the other colleague who was observed. Having one meeting to share ideas after observation.
- If the teachers wanted to have permission they need to fill the form in advance. They are allowed to go if the form is confirmed by the superintendent. ( staff have 7 days during the whole academic year but they cannot be in order in a week).
- Maintains order in the classroom and, in conjunction with administrative staff, administers discipline when necessary to achieve proper behavior. May prescribe extra assignments or detention in cases of student misconduct.
- Counsels students when academic difficulties or behavioral problems arise.
- Keeps records of academic performance, attendance (form # 1), and social acclimation. Reports on all aspects of student development for school records and parents( form # 4); conducts parent-teacher conferences on both a regularly scheduled and an as-needed basis.
- The teachers are responsible for writing the weekly report (form # 4); for each class on Thursday and turn in to social advisor and follow up the next weeks.
- Complies with Board policies, rules, regulations, and directives.
- Works with the school counselor in helping student select course of study or extra hours.
- Performs related duties such as sponsoring a student organization or activity.
- Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, professional training seminars, and workshops.
- Supervises classroom aides.
- Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as given or assigned. .
Computer, calculator, copier, telephone/voice mail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside and outside. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee frequently will work irregular or extended work hours while performing the duties of this job. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being, and work output of students.
Teaching in Iraq offers the opportunity to live in the cradle of civilization - a nation with history reaching back to the beginnings of human development and one poised for significant socio-political and economic growth.