- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Elementary/Early Childhood Education
- 6 years experience, including 4 consecutive years of teaching performance that exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by Performance Appraisal
- Experience with the American curriculum
- A commitment to an extensive enrichment program
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of your school community
- Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services or Police check
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
Aldar Education is currently seeking a KG Coordinator to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School, Madinat Zayed Campus, located in the Western Region (Al Dhafra) of Abu Dhabi for the August 2023 start.
ADNOC Schools are Massachusetts State Curriculum schools with superb facilities in Abu Dhabi City and the Western Region of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
The Massachusetts Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the United States, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of ADNOC Schools receive the American High School Diploma - the standard entry qualification for US colleges and universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Maintain a high profile as an example of best and leading practices within the classroom and foster the high expectations to which the school aspires.
- To lead, develop and monitor whole school assessment in conjunction with middle/senior colleagues.
- Carry out regular Teaching & Learning reviews to include, lesson observations, work/mark book scrutiny, learning walks, and progress/attainment scrutiny
- Share responsibility for the analysis of key school performance data, to ensure priorities are appropriate and improvement in standards is promoted.
- Oversee the development of effective timetabling, which meets and responds to the needs of students within the statutory frameworks and the resources available.
- Coach and develop staff to maximize impact on effective teaching and learning.
- Through liaison and guidance, work closely with curriculum leaders to ensure the best learning opportunities for children.
- Actively include students to further enhance their learning opportunities and personal development.
- Support the target-setting process; including statutory procedures and targets for individuals and groups throughout the school.
- Implement strategies to promote high standards of behavior.
- Seek to develop and enhance a broad and rich curriculum that meets the needs of the range of students in the school.
- Monitor and evaluate outcomes achieved from classroom practice.
- Take a leading role in the development of quality and manageable assessment practice throughout the school.
- Lead the development of a core subject throughout the school to ensure high-quality teaching which supports high standards.
- To demonstrate a commitment to positive behavior management throughout the school acting as a restorative practice facilitator.
- Work in collaboration with the Elementary Coordinator to aid the transition from kindergarten to Cycle 1.
The ADNOC Schools, in line with the UAE government's pioneering initiatives, aim to become a premier school in the region, graduating highly competent, socially responsible citizens and future national leaders.
The mission of ADNOC Schools is to prepare Emirati and other students, through an academically rigorous curriculum, to achieve their highest potential in a global, technologically advanced society, where Arabic and Islamic values are honored and cultural differences are respected.