- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, Librarian
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Library Science or relevant subject
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Librarian Credential/License
- Experience and Qualifications: Preferred Bachelors degree in Informational Science/Studies or Library Sciences/Studies
The remuneration package for overseas-hired employees is comprehensive and attractive. It enables teachers to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle as well as offers ample opportunities to travel and save.
- Tax-free salary based on experience
- End-of-service gratuity and benefits
- Annual flight reimbursement
- Medical insurance
- 2-year contract with an option for renewal
- UAE resident visa processing
Bright Learners Private School is looking for an outstanding Librarian to join our team starting January 2023. The successful applicant will be qualified, experienced, excited to join our vibrant learning community, and driven to provide education at an exceptional level. Bright Learners Private School has an outstanding school culture and a loving and warm learning environment. We are an American curriculum school with exceptional teachers and motivated students that are eager to learn.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in an educational setting. A good level of knowledge of Library Management Systems. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy, enjoyable, and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the student's interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
You will be committed and organized with excellent organizational and communication skills. You will be able to work collaboratively with colleagues, students, and parents. You will have strong knowledge of online books and resources. You will be responsible for the effective and efficient running of the school media & information center or library, introducing books and encouraging the enjoyment of reading. Where appropriate, you will supervise library assistants, students,s, and volunteers.
Your main responsibilities will include developing reading lists by age levels in liaison with the Academic Coordinator, assisting students to find books to borrow, and maintaining accurate records of all library books and other resources You will also be responsible for the management of all borrowed books, you will follow up with students and parents when required.
Bright Learners Private School is situated in Al Rashidiya, Dubai, and it offers students a US Common Core Standards-based curriculum. As a new school, in its 3rd year, we are thinking about building a strong school foundation. Through comprehensive education, parents can expect their children to receive learning experiences designed to promote their maximum potential. Bright Learners Private School’s goal is to teach young minds how to become global citizens, be curious about their world, think critically, solve problems, and become independent learners. Prospective members of the school’s community will immediately notice they are dedicated to academic excellence and ensuring a bright future for every child.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Selecting, developing, cataloging, and classifying library resources
- Prepare library budgets
- Lend and collect books, periodicals, CDs, and other materials at the circulation desk
- Process new materials including books, audiovisual materials, and Magazines in the register
- Inspect returned books for condition and due-date status, and compute any applicable fines
- Maintain records of items received, stored, issued, and returned according to our Library software system
- Classify and catalog items according to content and purpose
- Send out notices and accept fine payments for lost or overdue books
- Manage library data and reports utilizing library software systems
- Assist readers in finding books and help students and faculties with reference questions
- Organize book talks, book fairs, exhibits, and displays
- Manage library inventory, perform stock checks, and prepare item lists for removal, relocation, and binding
- Manage serial collection and acquisition of new library materials
- Choose new books, online books, videos, periodicals, and other materials for the library
- Research new books and online materials by reading book reviews, publishers’ announcements, and catalogs
- Organize library materials so they are easy to find, and maintain collections
- Make the library attractive and accessible to all children and staff, including displays, guiding and publicity materials
- Manage and organize Arabic and Islamic books
Bright Learners Private School, located in the heart of Dubai in Al Rashidiya. Following an American curriculum, Bright Learners Private School provides Dubai residents affordable schooling led by highly qualified American teachers.
Our spacious, open and newly remodeled campus serves students from Kindergarten through Grade 6, with plans to further expand and offer levels up to 12th grade.
Prospective members of the school’s community will immediately notice that Bright Learners Private School is dedicated to academic excellence and ensuring a bright future for every child.
To cultivate an inclusive learning community that challenges learners to reach their optimum success and empowers them to become contributing members of the local and global community
A community where all children feel loved, inspired, and empowered to achieve their fullest potential
To provide innovatively and inspired learning for self, for change, for all