- Knowledge of Michigan Common Core Standards
- Exceptional skills in planning, delivering and assessing student learning
- Effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills for building a collegial relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to provide effective and engaging instruction in a variety of settings (whole group, small group, individual and collaborative)
- Ability to differentiate instruction for students of varying abilities while maintaining high academic rigor and expectations for all students
- Demonstrate strong classroom management skills with the use of positive behavior interventions
- Demonstrate professional work habits and conduct consistent with the ethics of the profession.