Middle School English Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand
- Bachelor’s degree or above in the relevant field;
- Possess relevant professional qualifications;
- Taught in international or bilingual schools;
- Excellent communication skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment;
- Proactive teacher, sincere caregiver, and willing collaborator.
- High-end health insurance with global coverage;
- Free breakfast and lunch;
- Reimbursement for visa application;
- Tuition waiver for up to 2 children;
- Relocation allowance;
- Free use of school facilities;
- Winter and summer holidays.
Our high school is currently looking for teachers to join our team. The students range from Grades 8 to 10 and are preparing for their IGCSE exams. In Grade 8, students will undertake a preparatory IGCSE syllabus, while Grade 9 students will formally start to prepare for the IGCSE exams. Grade 10 students will take a small packet of IGCSE exams depending on their abilities.
It is important to appreciate that this is a new school, and we are committed to being flexible and supportive of our students' success during our first year of operation. In the future, we plan to offer Advanced Placement and Levels opportunities and, after these, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
We are searching for teachers who are confident in their ability to support IGCSE students in various subjects, including Math, English, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and Geography. Depending on student demand, these latter positions may undertake electives for the older two grades. Additionally, due to the comparatively small contact-time load, the post-holders for these teaching positions may be required to take on additional hours with the middle school bilingual students.
- Develop and implement well-structured lesson plans that align with the relevant subject area and grade levels, and ensure that they meet the curriculum objectives.
- Utilize a variety of teaching materials and methods to engage students and comprehensively deliver content.
- Objectively grade assessments and provide constructive feedback and reports to students and parents.
- Prepare students for tests, exams, contests, presentations, experiments, or other assessments.
- Monitor students’ overall well-being and liaise with school counselors and other staff members to address any concerns or issues.
- Build rapport and professional relationships with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Provide additional support and interventions to students who are struggling, and offer extra resources to those who are excelling.
- Attend professional meetings and ongoing learning initiatives such as workshops, lectures, conferences, and other events to expand professional networks.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest teaching theory and practice.
Hangzhou Dingwen School is a newly built world school with Chinese characteristics, committed to cultivating future leaders who are rooted in China and promote global progress.
The school is located in the north section of the University Town in Qiantang District, Hangzhou, bordering the Qiantang River to the east, the moat to the south, and the golf course to the north. It is surrounded by more than 100 acres of greenery and is located "above the park". It is scheduled to open in 2024.
School supporting facilities
The school has a building area of ââ178,000 square meters and is constructed by international first-class modern standards. It has complete equipment and facilities. It has a 50-meter-long swimming pool with a total of 8 lanes, a performance hall that can accommodate 800 people and a 400-square-meter black box. Sub-theatre, 400-square-meter outdoor standard playground, primary and secondary school indoor sports halls, primary and secondary school libraries (including 2,500 square meters of secondary school library). In addition, Dingwen School provides more than 230 teacher apartments and more than 450 student dormitories to meet the living needs of teachers and students.
In the compulsory education stage, the school will organically integrate cutting-edge educational theories and teaching methods at home and abroad based on implementing the national curriculum syllabus and achieving "integration of China and the West, learning from the East and the West" in the curriculum. In addition, in addition to cultivating students' intellectual and moral education, the school will rely on the superior campus environment and plans to offer sports courses such as Mini Golf, Art, and Canoeing, to achieve the overall "moral, intellectual, and physical" development of students. development.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.