Middle School Science Teacher - American Section
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Science certification
- Teaching Credential/License
Certified in Science.
- Tax free salary - 75% paid in USD and 25% paid in local currency at the bank exchange rate each month
- A monthly 'Foreign Exchange Stipend' which reflects the relatively low exchange rate prevailing between the GBP and USD; this is a temporary adjustment and would not feature in your contract as it applies only for as long as the exchange rate is greater than GBP1:USD1.5. Paid in local currency at the bank exchange rate
- A monthly housing allowance
- Return flights to/from the US
- Support upon arrival
- Free local health insurance for employee and dependents, and subsidised international health insurance through BUPA (strongly recommended) for you
- Fee waiver for dependent, school-aged children
- Transportation to and from home/school
- End of service gratuity
- Access to relevant and professional development
The candidate will engage and promote the interests of the 21st century learner by teaching Life Science and Physical Science in the American Middle School Section [ages 11-14] at the Modern English School Cairo.
The science teacher will work to create and enhance a culture of achievement and respect where high expectations and results are the norm. Using a variety of teaching strategies and classroom management techniques that are appropriate to the developmental needs of the early adolescent the instructor is responsible for teaching and reinforcing science skills in order for students to do the following: to communicate using academic language, creating and interpreting, engaging with data, working collaboratively in lab work, and explain and report using scientific language.
Modern English School Cairo is a learning community which provides a high quality education for children from Foundation Stage 1 to university entrance level, serving the needs of Egyptian and international families in Cairo. Our broad education is based upon the British Curriculum in Primary. In Secondary, we offer a choice between a British Curriculum, an American Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Arabic and Religious Studies are taught throughout the school.
Leadership through Education: Care, Challenge, Inspire
We believe inrecognising the value of each individual and his/her relationship with others. promoting international understanding and responsible citizenship in a multicultural context, reflecting the best of Arab,Western and other world cultures. providing a supportive, inspiring environment which encourages learners to aim high and achieve their aspirations. creating opportunities for all to develop confidence, responsibility and integrity.
Teaching in Egypt gives you the chance to immerse yourself in a land rich in both culture and history. From the Nile to the iconic Sphinx and Pyramids, it’s a country that calls out to be explored. Situated near the border of the Middle East and Africa - it’s an exciting gateway to two enthralling continents.