Middle/High School English Literature Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- English, Literature
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- On boarding and Summer Travel Benefits
- Housing Allowance / School Arranged Housing
Plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans, and tests that are by established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline per the school's rules and disciplinary systems.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and ultimately as required by laws, district policies, and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings, and schoolwide open days and events.
- To participate, monitor, support, and deliver BIBA’s Well-being/Advisory program and any special events held within the school
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare the classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
Beijing International Bilingual Academy (BIBA) was founded in 2006 by a group of passionate educators and is one of the fastest-growing international schools in Beijing, with over 1700 students from various countries.
Our vision is to be the model for developing internationally-minded bilingual ambassadors, who promote inter-cultural understanding, respect, and integration in a dynamic global community. The school is deeply rooted in an appreciation of Chinese culture and is dedicated to global citizenship in the world’s historic journey toward a united human community.
Our learning culture at BIBA is one that combines rigor, discipline, and traditions of Chinese teaching methods with the vibrant stimulating, and outward-looking creativity of international methods.
The fundamental to the success of our program is the passion of our foreign and Chinese teaching staff members. They deliver not only our various academic programs (US national Standards, Chinese National Standards, MYP, IGCSE, and IBDP, but also play an important role via many non-academic initiatives, in the development of a holistic student approach. Aiming hopes that BIBA students will be confident, competent, and well-equipped to take on the challenges of our modern society with international mindedness.
BIBA is also accredited by WASC and at the same time, we are an active member of ACAMIS, ISAC, and JISAC. We currently have a faculty population of over 350 (with an equal ratio of international and local staff), from over 25 different nationalities. Our campus consists of an Early Childhood Center, Elementary School, and Middle-High School. Teachers enjoy rich community life with many teaching families, children, and singles, which plan and participate in various events and activities.