- Early Childhood
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Early Years
- Be fully qualified (QTS or similar)
- Be familiar with Reggio Emilia approach
- Have an undergrad or postgrad degree relevant to their specialisation
- Have fluent English language skills and if not mother tongue, appropriate certification
- Clean Criminal Record and DBS or similar from any locations lived in over the last 5 years
- Be able to relocate in August 2019 in order to join the nursery in time for the start of the new learning year
- Prior experience teaching/leading in a Middle East based International school/nurseries would be advantageous
- An expensed apartment or allowance
- Annual Return flight home allowance
- Private Healthcare
- 50% tuition discount for dependents enrolled in the Al Shomoukh International School
- Visa costs expensed
Al Shomoukh Nursery is one of Oman's most exciting, rapidly growing nurseries. With a mixture of local and international students all taught using the Reggio approach, this relatively new nursery is already making an impact in terms of results.
As part of the nurseries’ ongoing growth strategy, we are looking for several teachers including Nursery Principal to join the nursery for the 2019/20 academic year.
Based just on the outskirts of Muscat, one of the Gulf’s most fabulous cities with history to rival the top European cities, this nursery is in an enviable location, but with construction starting on their new campus imminently this is just the start of the story.
We are looking for Reggio Emilia experienced leaders to join, mentor and inspire the friendly, collegiate Nursery team. In line with Omani MoE guidelines, you will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of at least 2 to 5 years of experience teaching and heading a nursery (depending on your route into the industry).
Most importantly however is personality, we are looking for teaching professionals who are engaging, and passionate team players with a desire to be part of something growing; for the right individual the opportunities for exciting future career growth are excellent beyond their initial contract.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching English in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.