- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- 5 years of teaching experience
Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience as an administrator, Assistant Principal or Principal
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district
- Ability to organize special programs for assigned campus
- Ability to use computer including software, database used by the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine and telephone
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
- Nice working environment
- Basic salary
- Housing allowance
- Transport allowance
- Homebased trip
- Relocation allowance
To serve as the chief administrator of a school in all aspects of school’s operation, academic and administration ; including but not limited to developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, students recruitment support, and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member. Please noted that the contract length will be 1 - 2 years.
As the principal your responsibilities would:
- Be the Instructional Leader of the school
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior
- Develop, implement, and assess the instructional programs at the assigned school and coordinate with Central Office instructional staff in program planning
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development
- Monitor student learning progress
- Create intervention programs according to the data
- Create a conducive teaching and learning environment for students and staff
- Manage the operation and all other activities and functions which occur at the assigned school
- Develop positive school/community relations and act as the liaison between the school and community
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with parents, students, teachers, and the community
- Provide training opportunities to personnel at the assigned school
- Manage and administer personnel development through training, in-service and other developmental activities
- Conduct performance appraisals and make reappointment recommendations for school personnel
- Participate in developing the SSS strategic plan, school calendar, staffing plan, and manpower plans. Manage and administer school functions relating to these items
- Interview and select qualified personnel for employment
- Implement and administer negotiated employee contracts at the school site
- Develop long- and short-range facility needs at the assigned school
- Coordinate facility and support service requirements
- Coordinate plant safety and facility inspections at the assigned school
- Coordinate all maintenance functions at the assigned school
- Coordinate and supervise transportation services at the assigned school
- Manage and supervise the school’s financial resources, including the help in the preparation and disbursement of the school’s budget and internal accounts
- Establish and manage student accounting and attendance procedures at the assigned school
- Coordinate the school food service program at the assigned school
- Assign and supervise school personnel to special projects for the enhancement of the school
- Establish guidelines for proper student conduct and implement disciplinary procedures and policies that ensure a safe and orderly environment
- Establish procedures to be used in the event of school crisis and/or civil disobedience and provide leadership in the event of such happenings
- Conduct staff meetings to discuss policy changes, instructional programs, potential problems, and resolution of existing problems
- Communicate, through the proper channels, to keep the Director of Schools and Central Office staff informed of impending problems or events of unusual nature
- Participate in system-wide management meetings and other meetings appropriate for professional development
- Direct the establishment of adequate property inventory records and ensure the security of school property
- Coordinate the supervision of all extracurricular programs at the assigned school
- Manage and supervise the school’s athletic and student activity programs including the selection of club sponsors and coaches, approve all school-sponsored activities, and maintain a calendar of all school events
- Serve as a member of the Director’s management team
- Provide leadership in the school improvement process and implement the school improvement plan
- Maintain visibility and accessibility on the school campus
- Attend school-related activities and events
- Implement School Board policy, government rules and regulations as they pertain to the assigned school
- Supervise and monitor the accurate and timely completion of data collection and reporting requirements
- Maintain effective use of SIMS and SPS systems by all staff and related parties
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills
- Direct the development of the master schedule and assign teachers according to identified needs
- Establish the job assignments for all school-site administrators and assess the school-site administrator’s performance
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position
- Establish a professional rapport with students, parents, and staff. Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel
- Any other duties assigned by the Director of Schools or required by the nature of the position
Who We Are
Our teaching philosophy encourages students to inquire, explore, innovate and communicate, providing vital skills required for leadership in Indonesia and abroad. Coupled with internationally-recognized academic credentials, we are equipping our students to compete and succeed at every stage of life. With the advent of the information age available at our finger-tips, our job as a school is to teach our students “to learn how to learn”.
Drawing from the world’s best curricula and American-based STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) methodologies, we are equipping our students with global exposure and an internationally-recognized academic qualification.
Our environment was created to encourage a culture of innovation and collaboration. Moreover, our integration of communication, multiple language proficiency, and collaboration in team projects sets us apart from most other schools in ASEAN.
Sampoerna Academy graduates will assume leadership roles in a global society by being creative, passionate, life-long learners who are able to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world and who care deeply for their fellow men and the environment.
The mission of Sampoerna Academy is to provide a safe, caring, and collaborative learning environment that is of the highest quality and meets global expectations for student achievement and character development. Our educational foundation is student-centered with a strong emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) that enables students to become mature, confident global citizens with a strong sense of purpose. Our end goal is to prepare students for a tertiary education and to make them work ready and world ready.
Academically, we prioritize the development of cognitive skills and communication skills over rote memorization because we believe that more than acquiring facts, students must be able to apply their knowledge in real situations.
We seek opportunities to engage all stakeholders to play a part in the success of our students.
We maintain a strong Asian cultural value system that celebrates social harmony, order, and respect.
STEAM competency will differentiate our students from those attending other schools.
Our learning spaces are a platform for hands-on activities, exploration, inquiry and the creation of knowledge and dialogue.