Principal (American Curriculum) - Aldar Education L.L.C
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 10 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skill:
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the Board and Strategic Governance Group is essential
- Ability to understand the operational and financial requirements to manage a successful school is essential
To be discussed after the interview.
Aldar Education are currently seeking an inspirational school leader for the position of Principal at West Yas Academy in Abu Dhabi commencing Academic Year 2023 - 2024.
West Yas Academy is situated on Yas Island, the home of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Ferrari World, in a purpose-built campus with world class facilities designed to provide learners with a future-focused curriculum set in vibrant learning environments and equipped with the latest technology. The school delivers the US Massachusetts Curriculum, the most highly regarded US curriculum with close ties to Harvard and MIT.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidate will combine an excellent track record of successful leadership experience, developed in the US or internationally, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to inspire the West Yas community and manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are central to this role. The role requires strategic thinking with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding teaching and learning across all phases of the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the local community and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and West Yas Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Strategic, operational, and financial responsibility for the school
- Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students, and the wider community
- To develop a school improvement plan founded on a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement, and good behavior.
- Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
- Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
- Continue to develop an organization in which all staff feel valued and recognize that they are accountable for the success of the school
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals they apply to our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, and Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum, and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.