- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
To be discussed after the interview.
ADNOC Schools are seeking high-performing Science Teachers for the August 2023 start.
ADNOC Schools are Massachusetts State Curriculum schools with superb facilities in Abu Dhabi City and the Western Region of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
The Massachusetts Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the United States, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of ADNOC Schools receive the American High School Diploma - the standard entry qualification for US colleges and universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Creating a climate for learning that is conducive to outstanding practice
- Identifying clear teaching and learning objectives
- Setting tasks that challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
- Identifying SEN or very able students and ensuring that their needs are met through differentiation;
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge;
- Making effective use of assessment for learning;
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated lessons
- Maintaining discipline by the school’s ‘Behaviour for Learning Policy and encouraging good practice about punctuality, behavior, standards of work, and homework;
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
- Mark student's work at least once every two weeks and set targets for progress;
- Using performance data to inform planning and therefore ensuring the Learning and Teaching continue to ‘add value
- Assess and record students' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and areas for development, inform planning and recognize the level at which the student is achieving
- Assess students as requested by examination bodies, departmental and school procedures
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents
- Take part in subject development by producing, reviewing, and updating curriculum plans and schemes of work
- Keep subject knowledge up-to-date through CPD and professional reading
- Attend professional development workshops as appropriate
- Undertake additional duties as required by the Principal or Vice Principal as appropriate.
Using a variety of teaching strategies to:
- match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
- use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions
- select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through the library, I.C.T., and other learning technologies;
The ADNOC Schools, in line with the UAE government's pioneering initiatives, aims to become a premier school in the region, graduating highly competent, socially responsible citizens and future national leaders.
The mission of ADNOC Schools is to prepare Emirati and other students, through an academically rigorous curriculum, to achieve their highest potential in a global, technologically advanced society, where Arabic and Islamic values are honored and cultural differences are respected.
Abu Dhabi is the capital city of UAE and is the second most populous city. Experienced educators or administrators seeking positions in the UAE can find great opportunities in Abu Dhabi.