Secondary ELA Teacher (Literacy & Composition) - Guangming
- Middle School, High School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- English, Literature, English Language Arts
- A Bachelor’s degree in your teaching subject. Many of our teachers hold multiple advanced degrees in their field. For Elementary and Early Education positions, a degree in this or related field is acceptable and/or encouraged.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience as the lead teacher of record in a classroom. This is a requirement for you to obtain a working visa.
- An eagerness and willingness to collaborate with and elevate teaching colleagues. Our teachers come from all over the world and bring a wide variety of curricular backgrounds and experiences. We seek to utilize this diversity to grow and learn from each other.
- High academic standards and a desire to make a difference in the rigor of international education.
Our benefits package and teacher support are nearly unrivaled in schools in China. Expatriate teachers with BASIS International & Bilingual Schools China receive:
- Competitive salary (dependent upon education and experience)
- Global health coverage (including U.S. for American citizens)
- Provided accommodation or housing allowance
- Annual retirement benefit
- Paid travel to and from China at the start and end of the contract
- Annual travel allowance
- Moving allowance
- Free school meals
- Assistance in obtaining your visa
- Ability to transfer within our network at the end of your contract
We also offer extensive HR support beginning when you accept a position with us. Our HR and Operations teams will provide tremendous guidance and assistance in obtaining your visa, travel arrangements, housing, residence permit, and more.
Beyond this though, our promise to you is you will be a better educator when you leave BASIS International Schools. Through intentional and continued professional development and coaching, we nurture teaching excellence and innovation not just for the betterment of our students, but our teachers as well. This development can mean career acceleration of years, whether you desire to become a teacher mentor or a school administrator.
BASIS Bilingual School Guangming is seeking qualified candidates for an English Language Arts Teacher (Literacy and Composition) in secondary School for the 2024-2025 school year!
Are you an experienced educator looking to grow your career with an established, high-achieving school network? Apply now for our English Language Arts Teacher position with BASIS Bilingual School Guangming.
Why BASIS International Schools?
BASIS International & Bilingual Schools is a rapidly growing network of schools in China with a tradition of academic excellence and rigor. Our first school opened in Shenzhen in 2015 and since then we have opened schools in Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu, and Wuhan, with two new schools coming in Shenzhen in 2024.
Our graduates have been accepted into some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the world, including Princeton, Oxford, Cornell, Imperial College London, MIT, University of Toronto, Johns Hopkins, and many more—with an overall acceptance of nearly 100% to Top 50 U.S. universities.
About BASIS Bilingual School Guangming
BASIS Bilingual School Guangming will open in the fall of 2024, and become the fourth bilingual school in our network. Located in Shenzhen, China, the Guangming District is a perfect place for educators looking to make a meaningful impact on motivated students. With its vibrant mix of cultural diversity and modernity, this district offers a unique teaching experience in one of China’s most dynamic cities. As a founding teacher at our campus in Guangming, you will have access to excellent new state-of-the-art educational facilities, a supportive community of fellow educators, and the chance to immerse yourself in the rich history and traditions of both China and the world. Founding faculty members are also frequently able to take advantage of rapid career progression paths as well.
As an English Language Arts Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject-specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem-solving. You also have the opportunity to collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to create interdisciplinary lessons with other subjects the students are studying, such as drama or history.
English Language Arts teachers build upon the elementary years’ foundation of language and social science skills and knowledge. Language Arts concepts covered include literacy and composition, the writing process, grammar, reading comprehension, and literary and rhetorical devices. We encourage our teachers to bring their excitement and passion for their subject into the classroom to spark students’ natural curiosity and enhance their interest.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in English Language Arts.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment, and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is internationally competitive.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge.
Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand.
Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In the fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan opened in 2023, continuing this vision. 2024 will bring two more schools to our network: BASIS Bilingual School Guangming Shenzhen and BASIS Bilingual Kindergarten Nanshan.