Secondary English Teacher - Horizon Japan International School - Japan
Horizon Japan International School is accreditated by Kanagawa Prefecture and authorized to implement IB Diploma Programme. It is currently a candidate school to implement IB PYP and MYP.
HJIS has an outstanding faculty who provide a safe, nurturing environment for students to learn in, foster intellectual rigor and independent thinking, and promote high standards, collegiality and an extremely strong sense of community.
We value candidates who exhibit a passion for teaching, who have experience with students from diverse backgrounds, whose pursuit of professional development is keen and ongoing, and whose academic background and teaching experience are directly relevant to the position.
- Set and hold students to high academic and behavior standards
- Embody and demonstrate a loving, principled character and ensure that students exhibit the same values
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle
- Develop and implement unit plans as part of a long-term Scope & Sequence aligned to the curricular goals of HJIS
- Develop a positive,inquiry-based and differentiated environment so that all students are invested in their academic excellence and can fulfill their potential
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities
- Use an effective system for tracking student mastery of curricular objectives for each unit and throughout the school year
- Assume responsibility for every single scholar’s success by holding all students accountable to school-wide behavioral expectations
|Middle School, High School|
|USD 3000 - 4000|
Qualifications and Requirements