Secondary PE & Athletic Director - Kenya
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Physical Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Current state or provincial issued teacher certification
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
West Nairobi School believes it is important to provide additional benefits above and beyond the monthly stipend teachers receive while teaching with us. Full-time teachers and administrators who have been hired as NICS Missionaries are eligible to receive these benefits. We are pleased to be able to offer a generous package which includes:
- Upon signing the initial two year contract, West Nairobi School will purchase a round trip ticket to Kenya and back to your home country/city.
- Housing / Housing Set Up: West Nairobi School will provide a monthly housing stipend equivalent to $200 USD (pretax) per month per NICS Missionary. Upon moving, West Nairobi School will give each NICS Missionary Teacher $1,200 USD to help them with housing set up.
- School Lunch: Teachers at WNS will receive free school lunch each day.
- Tuition Waiver: WNS Teachers who are hired as NICS Missionaries will receive a tuition waiver for their children while teaching at WNS. NICS Missionary Teachers may be required to pay for their children’s class supplies.
- Professional Development: West Nairobi School believes in the growth of their teachers. Professional Development opportunities will be provided all throughout the school year. An additional $300 USD will be allotted for each teacher to use toward their own professional growth. West Nairobi School also provides the opportunity for teachers to apply for a Continuing Education Grant should the teacher desire to pursue a Master’s or Doctorate degree. West Nairobi School supports teachers in the recertification process by providing opportunities to earn ACSI CEUs throughout the school year.
- Work Permit: West Nairobi School will pay for the work permit and the processing of the document. WNS will ask for all of the necessary documentation from each teacher and is more than willing to assist expatriate teachers in this way.
- Health Insurance: West Nairobi School will provide UnitedHealthcare Global insurance for each NICS Missionary on the field in Kenya.
In 1996, the Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL) started West Nairobi School. The School was established to provide a quality North American Christian education for children of missionaries, expatriates and nationals. During the 2002–2003 school year, the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) began operating West Nairobi School. The purpose of NICS is to reach the world for Christ through international Christian education. NICS is a Biblically based, Christ-centered, caring community committed to excellence. West Nairobi School is located on 10 beautiful acres in Karen, Kenya. We have 330+ students from over 30 different countries. Our teaching staff comes from Canada, Kenya, and the United States of America. We have seen growth in our teaching staff as well. This year, our goal is to add 5 new positions. Our theme for the past three years has been: Teaching Truth, Training Minds, & Impacting the Kingdom. God continues to do a mighty work at WNS, we see His blessings being poured out here. Will you consider joining us? We would love to talk with you!
- Create a positive educational classroom for students to learn in.
- Share the gospel daily with students as a class and individually with the goal of creating disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Ensure consistent Christ-Centered instruction throughout the curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver highly engaging instructional activities based on outcomes of curriculum.
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development to meet school and individual goals.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop a professional learning community.
- Build positive relationships with parents and the WNS community.
Teach Middle School and High School PE, Oversee The Athletic Department.
Specific Skill Set:
- Have a consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Possess minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- Meet certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency.
- Successful classroom teaching experience or alternate experience working with students.
- Agreement to the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) Statement of Faith and completed required NICS processing documents.
- Appropriate interpersonal and social skills when relating to students, parents, and other teachers effective communication skills with parents and students.
- Positive attitude.
- Team mentality.
The Network of International Christian Schools is an organization that consists of 15 schools in 13 countries in Asia, Africa, South America, Europe and North America.
The mission of NICS is to establish a worldwide network of international Christian schools staffed by qualified Christian educators, instilling in each student a Biblical worldview in an environment of academic excellence and respect for people of all cultures and religions.
Kenya has both English teaching jobs and classroom teaching jobs for licensed teachers in its international schools.