SL/HL IB DP Anthropology Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Housing allowance is paid on a monthly basis
- Annual airfare reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- International major medical insurance
- Annual bonus paid in December
Teacher must use IB syllabus: (But does not need IB training. We will provide training.)
Part 1: Engaging with anthropology
- The language of anthropology
- The practice of anthropology
- Anthropological thinking
- Plus HL extension areas.
Part 2: Engaging with ethnography
- SL students must complete three areas of inquiry from the following nine - one from each group.
- HL students must complete four areas of inquiry from the following nine - one from each group and the fourth chosen from any of the three groups.
- Group 1
- Classifying the world
- Health, illness and healing
- The body
- Group 2
- Communication, expression and technology
- Movement, time and space
- Group 3
- Production, exchange and consumption
- Internal assessment
Part 3: Engaging in anthropological practice
- Doing anthropology at SL: Limited fieldwork (observation, second data collection and critical reflection)
- Doing anthropology at HL: Fieldwork
Westhill Institute inspires students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners by developing ethical values and by transferring their knowledge in an inclusive learning environment to responsibly impact their community.
Our vision is to inspire students to be contributing leaders in a rapidly changing, globalized world by developing intercultural understanding.
Westhill students develop intercultural understanding through a transdisciplinary concept-based curriculum. As an IB World School, students broaden their intercultural understanding and respect through the Primary Years Program (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Program (DP).
Developing Lifelong Learners
Westhill inspires students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners who responsibly impact their community. Through a broad and balanced curriculum students learn how to learn by developing transferable skills, attitudes, knowledge and concepts.
Inclusive Learning Environment
Westhill caters for students from all academic levels, cultural backgrounds, and educational needs. Teaching and learning are differentiated for individual learners’ needs.
Mexico, a traveler's paradise, offers opportunities to teach English abroad, as well as licensed teaching jobs in the country's many international schools. Enjoy Mexico's magnificent landscape while teaching abroad in language institutes or private schools.