Social Science Teachers
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- Education or a related field.
- Teaching Credential/License
- Must hold a 4 year Bachelor degree (120 credits)
- Should hold a British Columbia Teaching Certification (Up to Grade 12) or equivalent
- BC Teacher Certification is required prior to departure for China. Maple Leaf Schools will support successful teachers to obtain this
- Experience not required for teachers who hold a canadian teaching certification
- Competitive salary paid monthly over 12 months
- Annual airfare allowance
- Family Benefits: Annual flights, visas, medical insurance and reduced tuition for up to 2 children
- Settling in allowance for new teachers ($750)
- Resigning bonuses for teachers who renew contract
- Support and assistance with visa application, flights and settling in assistance
- Vacation: 6 weeks of summer holiday, 4 weeks of winter holiday, and one week each in October and May during Chinese national holidays
Take your love for teaching to China! Teach Away is accepting applications from Middle School and High School Social Science teachers for Maple Leaf Schools! Maple Leaf is currently China’s leading independent, international school system. They have schools located in 18 cities across China.
More details about the schools:
- The British Columbia Ministry of Education mandates the curriculum content in these schools
- Working at Maple Leaf Schools offers teachers a unique opportunity to teach a comprehensive Canadian curriculum
- Focuses on the all-around development of students with a special emphasis on academic English development.
- Students are diverse and from locations across China and the world!
- 72 schools located in 18 cities across China catering students from Pre School to High School level
- The schools are approved by the provincial government authorities in both China and Canada. Experience gained teaching at these schools is recognized in Canada