Special Education Needs Coordinator
- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor degree in Special Needs Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Tax-free salary.
- End of service gratuity as per the UAE labor law.
- Accomodation is provided to employees.
- Annual flight tickets [Economy class] for self taken after the completion of one year of service.
- UAE-medical insurance for self.
- Visa processing costs (excluding certificates attestation) for self.
- Excellent career progression and professional development opportunities.
Liwa Education is looking to hire an outstanding Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to join our team in Liwa International School Al Qattara - in Al Ain.
- Ensure effective systems of communication, including feedback about students’ learning.
- Monitor the quality of SEN support by establishing effective systems to identify and meet the needs of students, whilst ensuring that the systems are coordinated, evaluated and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure that the objectives of the SEN policies are reflected in the school improvement plan.
- Be up-to-date with knowledge of international, UAE, ADEK and local initiatives which may impact upon School policies and practice.
- Monitor the achievements, welfare and discipline of students, and follow up on the progress reviews, liaising with the senior leadership team, HODs, and parents when appropriate.
- Liaise with subject departments, particularly regarding transition (from grade 6 to 7), and external agencies such as Exam Boards etc.
- Co-ordinate the application for, and special arrangements of external examinations in conjunction with the Assessment Coordinator.
- Influence the whole Teaching and Learning policy to promote aspects of inclusive teaching.
- Provide opportunities for observation of colleagues/visits to other schools in order to share best practice.
- Work with students, subject leaders, class teachers with tutorial/pastoral responsibilities to ensure realistic expectations of behavior and achievement
Liwa International School - Al Qattara (LISQ)
With a predicted opening date of September 2022, LISQ in Al Ain will accommodate over 2500 students, providing a KG to Grade 12 American curriculum and the latest in advanced teaching and learning practices.
Liwa is an established educational leader, recognized for providing an accessible, high-quality, American curriculum education in the United Arab Emirates for the past three decades.
Our schools and nurseries across Al Ain and Abu Dhabi offer a challenging American curriculum education, combining the essence of Emirati values with a rich set of core competencies that produces confident, resilient, and courageous young leaders.
Our students learn to develop an international mindset, grounded in local values, understanding, and appreciation. We understand the need for agility and adaptability in an ever-changing landscape and our graduating students are fully prepared to meet both national and global challenges, now and in the future.