Special Education Teacher - Hawaii
Take your teaching career to Hawaii! Teach Away is accepting applications from teachers for fantastic opportunities in the islands of Hawaii.
More about this opportunity:
- The Hawaii State Department of Education (HIDOE) is the ninth-largest U.S. School District and the only statewide educational system in the country
- HIDOE is comprised of 256 public schools, serving 180,000 students across six islands
- HIDOE is looking for teachers who are caring, competent, effective, and committed to obtaining the best results for their students
- There are six major islands in Hawaii: Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Maui and the island of Hawaii
- The greatest demand for teachers occurs in more remote/rural areas such as, Hana Complex, Keaau Complex, Lanai Complex, Molokai Complex, Kau Complex, Nanakuli Complex, Pahoa Complex, and Waianae Complex.
|Hawaii, West, USA|
|Licensed Teacher, University Graduate|
|Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School|
Qualifications and Requirements
To qualify for a teaching position with the Hawaii Department of Education individuals must have earned a bachelor’s degree and completed a State Approved Teacher Education Program from a regionally accredited college/university which includes student teaching in an elementary through high school setting. Applicants must also be legally authorized to work in the United States as a US citizen, US permanent resident, or in the US with a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
Other ways in which you may qualify is if you: