Substitute Teachers - Mobile - Alabama
Mobile, Alabama, South, USA
Start July 2019
- Licensed Teacher
- Must have (or be able to obtain) appropriate valid Alabama Substitute Teaching License.
- Must provide high school or college transcripts or GED with Scores. Please attach to the on-line application.
- Reports to the building principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school building.
- Reviews with the principal, department head, or team leader all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- Teaches the lesson outlined and described in the Substitute Teachers Handbook as prepared by the absent teacher.
- Consults as appropriate, with the building principal, department head, or team leader before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the Substitute Teacher Handbook.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch and recess periods.
- Completes Substitute Teacher Instructions form at the conclusion of each teaching day.
- Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
Also known as remote teachers, distance teachers or virtual teachers, online teachers and online instructors are trained to teach students online. Online teaching jobs can range from blended courses that offer a combination of in-person and online instruction, to fully online learning. Online teaching offers job opportunities for a wide range of educators, from elementary school teachers to college professors. Online teaching jobs can be either full-time or part-time. If you’re a qualified teacher with experience in a classroom setting, then online teaching could be your next big career move.