Teacher - 3rd Grade, 2018-2019 - Columbia - Missouri
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated both individually and collaboratively.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students using data-driven decision-making.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
- Prepares for assigned classes and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to students for all lessons and units.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of individuals or student groups involved.
- Collaborates with administrators, colleagues and parents in a positive and productive manner.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action, the District's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Evaluates the learning problems of students on a regular basis, seeking assistance of District specialists as needed and/or required.
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, District policy, and Administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and appropriate manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) where applicable.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as needed.
- Performs other duties as necessary to support the mission and vision of Columbia Public School District.
|Columbia, South Carolina, South, USA|
Qualifications and Requirements