Virtual Middle School Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess a teaching license issued by a state Department of Education in one of the United State
- Certified in relevant subject area(s)
- Open to seeking additional out of state certifications based on class offerings
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
- Candidates must have a US bank account and mailing address.
- Internet: Consumer-grade WiFi, or wired Internet connection
- Internet Speeds: 15 MBPS Download, 5 MBPS Upload, Check through speedtest.net
- Computer: Processor: Single Core 1.5Ghz or Higher, RAM: 4GB or higher, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 Mac 2014 or newer, No Chromebooks
- Must have two monitors: Laptop Screen + External Monitor (for laptops) Computer Monitor + External Monitor/TV Screen (for desktop computers)
- Camera: Webcam or HD webcam HD camera
- Audio: Built-in, USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- Headset: wired or handsfree/bluetooth
All teachers are qualified to participate in our benefits program. Details provided at time of interview.
- Flexible Schedules
- Health Insurance
- Part-time Virtual Teaching Position - Work From Home
- Must Be Available During the Students' Instructional Day.
- No after-school or weekend classes available
- Terms of Employment: Up to 10 Months
The teacher will implement an appropriate educational curriculum based on State Middle School Content area(s) Standards and the course pacing guides provided by the district. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning. This person will report directly to the Vice Principals at Proximity Learning. Approved candidates will be placed into an active teacher pool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Administer appropriate curriculum, which is aligned with the State Standards for Middle School Content area(s)
- Differentiate instruction and supplement content to meet the needs of all students.
- Create and maintain a positive, engaging virtual learning environment for all students.
- Develop and implement the components of an effective Middle School content area(s) lesson(s) for instruction.
- Analyze student progress, maintain grading and lesson planning, and provide students with timely feedback.
- Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned, including but not limited to professional development, PLC’s, and department meetings.
- Maintain a professional on screen appearance by following PLI professional dress code.
- Adhere to the Proximity Learning virtual classroom expectations - arrive to class 5 minutes prior to the class start time, have camera/microphone on throughout the live class.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a virtual classroom.
- Work cooperatively with students, colleagues, in-class facilitator, and company management.
- Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, assignments, and projects.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives.
- Participate as an active member with other faculty.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by company policy.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Communicate effectively with your students, colleagues, and managers, including replying to all communications within 24 hours.
- Monthly observations, with provided feedback, to be implemented into classrooms for continuous professional growth.
- Adhere to policies and expectations outlined in the PLI Teacher Handbook.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
In business since 2009, Proximity Learning was initially focused on live-streaming World Language teachers from around the world to individual students in the United States. As demand grew and public schools began to inquire about placing Proximity Learning teachers in their schools, we saw an opportunity to expand scope and make an impact on the education sector.
Today, Proximity Learning conducts classes in over 30 topic areas in over 200 schools across 20 states. We strive every day to pursue equitable access to quality education for students everywhere by bringing the power of live-streaming virtual teaching to the traditional classroom so young learners can receive the education they deserve. Our virtual teaching methodology, continuously refined for over a decade now, is centered around the fact that students deserve to always have an instructor that is live, dynamic, and caring.